People are getting nostalgic over 2011 WWE now

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
A poster on Reddit was fondly reminiscing about WWE in 2006. I sat there reading that post and hitting the :rudy: to the entire thing. Let me remind you all of the terrible things that happened that year:
  • CENA WINS! LOL.
  • Edge successfully cashing in his MITB contract at New Year's Revolution only to drop the belt back to Cena three weeks later.
  • HHH and HBK reform DX. They look like two sad 40-year-old men having a mid-life crisis on live television.
  • Vince starting a feud with HBK because Shawn wouldn't badmouth Bret. The whole thing lasts from Dec. 05 to Sept. 06, including a match where Vince & Shane fought HBK & "God" and also a match where Vince's bloody face was shoved into The Big Show's anus.
  • The new up & coming stable, The Spirit Squad, was promptly fed to & buried by DX.
  • RVD winning the WWE title and then getting popped by the cops for weed. He lost the belt the following week.
  • Rey Mysterio Jr. winning the World Heavyweight Championship and then jobbing every week on television until he drops the belt.
  • Randy Orton: "Eddie is not in heaven, Eddie is in hell."
  • Kane vs. "Kane."
  • Mick Foley's bizarre & confusing heel turn.
  • ECW returning to TV and immediately flopping with their first match out of the gate being The Sandman vs. The Zombie.
  • ECW December to Dismember,
  • The Undertaker vs. The Great Khali.
  • The debut of the Punjabi Prison Match.
  • Kurt Angle left the company due to his body falling apart and his addiction starting to get the best of him.
  • Trish Stratus and Lita both retired.
  • WWE promotes Brooke Hoegan's abortion of a music career.
Were there more terrible years? Probably. As someone said on the first page, 2007 is another good candidate for all time worst, but 2006 wasn't anything to write home about in a positive light.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
This thread is classic because you realize the older you get and find things wack, they'll be another group of people younger than you swear its the goated era

I learn that talking to people like 10 years younger than me about the ruthless agression era

Already I see people swear about 2015 and 2016 being amazing and theres still youtube videos reviewing the shows back then saying otherwise

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Lmaoooooo Thunderdome

2006-2007 were terrible. Definitely some worst wrestling years.

I probably said it in here already but I thought 07 WWE was amazing and then I went back and watched it on the Network and I couldn’t even finish an episode, it was so bad.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
People will literally find anything to be nostalgic about. It’s a part of aging.

Everybody has their own "back in the day"... my nephew for example got into wrestling when he was 3 in 2006, and you can't tell him shyt about 06-11. He kinda fell out of it at some point in the early '10s, but it's his era. :manny: