Penix got it......Black Excellence

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
If he can stay healthy he can be really good in the league

Penix also posted a 36.5-inch vertical jump and a broad jump of 10 feet, 5 inches -- both of which were better than any other quarterback at the combine.
unleashed a deep ball that traveled some 75 yards in the air for a completion
4.5 speed

and these dumb gms gonna draft a jj mccarthy or bo nix over him :mjlol:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I'm a Penix fan and want him to be the star QB of this draft, but 40 time means nothing if you don't run. Seen way too many QBs who have athleticism but don't run downfield when their teams really need it. Teams are still going to be concerned about the fact that he virtually never ran the ball.

How did that turn out for teams last draft with Stroud...

I'm not saying Penix is that good but having a skillset and being asked to use it are two different things.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
How did that turn out for teams last draft with Stroud...

I'm not saying Penix is that good but having a skillset and being asked to use it are two different things.

I didn't say we can predict the future, I'm just saying that it will remain a concern for teams.

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
I was the regular "read the reports " guy, and there still is a lot of red flags that scream don't take him in the first

BUT, if you need a QB how you do not roll the dice on him in the 2nd or 3rd round

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
he will be a steal, a team like the steelers, Browns, broncos etc

he can play from the pocket, get the ball out with pace, insane deep accuracy, pressure can be an issue, but wont matter if he falls late in the first to a team with a good situation and just need the qb

Seahawks? his o coordinator in college is the pro o coordinator for them.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Penix also posted a 36.5-inch vertical jump and a broad jump of 10 feet, 5 inches -- both of which were better than any other quarterback at the combine.
unleashed a deep ball that traveled some 75 yards in the air for a completion
4.5 speed

and these dumb gms gonna draft a jj mccarthy or bo nix over him :mjlol:

All because they're worried about his knees. Meanwhile, breh is out here putting down 4.5 40 times like he didn't even blow out his knee twice. :mjlol:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Out of all the QBs I saw last year in college he threw the most NFL quality passes.
He has a higher floor than every other relevant QB in this class, even Caleb because we've seen a bunch of players succumb to his bad habits (sitting in clean pockets for 10 seconds with the happy feet and/or unnecessarily bailing into off-platform throws).

When you're accurate and decisive like Penix you lead productive offenses and win a lot of games, same formula as Goff and Tua.

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
A better version of Goff is his ceiling, I think.