PC master race?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
How does DRM affect game performance, exactly? Asking because I don't know
basically instead of checking once if you have a legit copy of the game, it constantly checks when you do certain things ingame. this is supposed to be more secure, but it ends up putting a burden on the CPU. plus this game has multiple DRM's like this, so it has a compounding affect on performance

and it ends up being all for nothing when crackers figure out how to get around all of it. then pirates get a version of the game with no performance killing DRM, and people that paid money for the game are stuck with a stuttering mess

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
basically instead of checking once if you have a legit copy of the game, it constantly checks when you do certain things ingame. this is supposed to be more secure, but it ends up putting a burden on the CPU. plus this game has multiple DRM's like this, so it has a compounding affect on performance

and it ends up being all for nothing when crackers figure out how to get around all of it. then pirates get a version of the game with no performance killing DRM, and people that paid money for the game are stuck with a stuttering mess
That's so dumb, I thought it checks once when you launch the game and that's that

Doesn't Steam allow you to play offline? Or does Capcom have its own launcher?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
That's so dumb, I thought it checks once when you launch the game and that's that

Doesn't Steam allow you to play offline? Or does Capcom have its own launcher?
Steam will let you play offline, but not with games that have their own online shyt