Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I like his will to win. The fact he didnt take a knee against Collazo after that body shot (picture perfect body shot too:scusthov:) and instead tried to finish the round showed me alot of heart. I like Thurman and even though he has flaws, he's still a very good boxer and a hard puncher.

I would pick Thurman over every Welterweight today outside of Floyd & Manny...and that's going strictly off Thurman's skills.

Yeah that body shot was nasty. Seeing him under that kind of adversity shows what type of fighter he is & I was impressed. I wanna see the same kind of adversity from Spence to see how he'd react

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Maybe it's because his comp is increasing and he doesnt deal with pressure that well? I dont know. I'd like the answer myself:manny:
I don't think so honestly because for all the charges of how badly he handles pressure he still was coasting/did coast along on scorecards to decisive wins against all 3 of the opponents he has fought that way against.
I think maybe because he did it with Bundu and was successful with it he just became enamored with the style for some reason.
Teddy Atlas needs to get him back to that barber shop and ask him about it.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
He beats Porter and Bradley.

Chino and Brook are both 50/50 fights
Tell me why you'd think he'd beat Bradley (pressure, body puncher, stamina, can cut off the ring) but chino (okay chin awkward style, never beat a tier 1 opponent) or Brook (basic 1-2-3 orthodox fighter, basura resume, doesn't really do anything special) are 50/50 fights breh?

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
I don't get why dudes are giving Thurman shyt for boxing the way he has been lately, I prefer this style :manny: I bet he will get more mileage out of it anyway. :sas2:

Then he gets in there with a guy he can't ko gets outboxed and everyone goes "he should have worked on his boxing more" like dudes have done with countless power punchers over the years :francis:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Tell me why you'd think he'd beat Bradley (pressure, body puncher, stamina, can cut off the ring) but chino (okay chin awkward style, never beat a tier 1 opponent) or Brook (basic 1-2-3 orthodox fighter, basura resume, doesn't really do anything special) are 50/50 fights breh?
I just see Bradley losing on some 7-5 shyt, and getting hurt in the process. He can give Thurman fits at times, but doesn't have the power to hurt Thurman like that. Plus he has a tendency to abandon his gameplan and being too much of a warrior.

Brook at least has power and will be able to counter the shyt outta Thurman. And Maidana has the ability to cut off the ring and the power to hurt Thurman badly. And even though it's 50/50, 8d still favor Thurman over those 2 if you forced me to pick

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I dont like this new Keith...Its as if he is trying to be Floyd but he aint nowhere near as skilled a boxer and ends up just running...

I liked the Joe Louis style boxer-puncher with a mean streak One Time...

This new Keith will still crush clowns like Khan and Brook but put him in the ring against Timmy/Porter/Maidana and he is going to have a ton of trouble...This new Keith is more focussed on his legs than punching and we all know he has no inside game...He moves well but he doesn't box effectively enougg imo to keep these dudes off him...

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
I dont like this new Keith...Its as if he is trying to be Floyd but he aint nowhere near as skilled a boxer and ends up just running...

You can't win rounds running. He won all of the rounds except for 1.

I liked the Joe Louis style boxer-puncher with a mean streak One Time...

This new Keith will still crush clowns like Khan and Brook but put him in the ring against Timmy/Porter/Maidana and he is going to have a ton of trouble...This new Keith is more focussed on his legs than punching and we all know he has no inside game...He moves well but he doesn't box effectively enougg imo to keep these dudes off him...

He has no inside game but you don't want to see him box from outside :francis:

He does't box well to keep guys off him? He kept Bundu off of him while winning rounds and made Collazo tap out :francis:

The only example we have of him not being able to keep guys off of him was the Guerrero fight were he blew his wad trying to get him out of there in the same style nikkas are :ohlawd: over.

Like I said I prefer this Thurman, if what he is doing is running then Floyd ran in the 2nd Maidana fight.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Running is what ODLH did against Trinidad rounds 9-12 or what Lara did against Canelo rounds 6-12....or what Thurman did after he got caught with the body shot by Collazo the rest of the round.

He wasnt running in that fight though.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
nikkas is nitpicking the fukk outta Thurman, but :manny:

He still lands bombs without taking too much punishment. He's skittish like Freitas was, but way more controlled.

In the OG thread, I said Collazo could surprise Keith with something, and everybody kept saying how Thurman was supposed to handle him with no problems. He dealt with one lil problem and nikkas is acting like he still ain't dominate the fight. :mjlol:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
nikkas is nitpicking the fukk outta Thurman, but :manny:

He still lands bombs without taking too much punishment. He's skittish like Freitas was, but way more controlled.

In the OG thread, I said Collazo could surprise Keith with something, and everybody kept saying how Thurman was supposed to handle him with no problems. He dealt with one lil problem and nikkas is acting like he still ain't dominate the fight. :mjlol:

That's because there's some that wanna discredit him & big up their personal favorites in the division. If we learned anything in this fight is that Thurman is smart & has heart. 2 things a champion needs to succeed