• Poll closed .

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I thought Collazo won that fight TBH. I thought Berto got a gift. What did you think @patscorpio ? I think Thurman stops Berto within 4 rounds. Bad chin & no stamina is a bad combo to fight Thurman
No question collazo beat berto...i mentioned it after that post of mine you quoted..straight gift

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
nikka ducked the porter fight, even lil broner is manning up

Did this fraud think he could fall back on the Guerrero win, truth be told if it wasnt for the elbow to the eye, back of the head punch knockdown....I wouldn't know how the fukk to score that fight

Like I said before, Thurman is one of the few fighters today I believe when he says he'll fight anyone in the division. Problem is the ranked guys aren't in a rush to fight him.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I thought Collazo won that fight TBH. I thought Berto got a gift. What did you think @patscorpio ? I think Thurman stops Berto within 4 rounds. Bad chin & no stamina is a bad combo to fight Thurman

So, are you saying you believe Collazo is better competition for Thurman than Berto would be?:patrice:

Because if so, I seriously disagree:mjpls:

At the end of the day, Berto got the official W over a better version of Collazo than Thurman will be fighting....and Berto has a better resume than Collazo as well. Plus, he has more left in the tank.:yeshrug:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
So, are you saying you believe Collazo is better competition for Thurman than Berto would be?:patrice:

Because if so, I seriously disagree:mjpls:

At the end of the day, Berto got the official W over a better version of Collazo than Thurman will be fighting....and Berto has a better resume than Collazo as well. Plus, he has more left in the tank.:yeshrug:

If Berto is better comp than it's slightly imo. Collazo is more durable, southpaw, & is a physical fighter. All things Berto isn't. And let's not fool ourselves. Until Lopez got caught (who should be campaigning at 140) he was handling a gassing Berto. The bolded is very debatable.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
http://www.boxingscene.com/malignaggi-easy-collazo-trouble-thurman--91914

"WBA 'regular' welterweight champion Keith "One Time" Thurman (25-0, 21 KOs) is gearing up for a homecoming when he faces former world champion Luis Collazo (36-6, 19 KOs) on Saturday, July 11 in the main event of the inaugural Premier Boxing Champions on ESPN from the USF Sun Dome in Tampa.

Thurman has been on a roll with dominating performances and most of the top fighters at 147-pounds are avoiding his path. Earlier this year, he headlined the debut edition of PBC on NBC, with a bruising win over former multi-division champion Robert 'The Ghost' Guerrero at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Collazo is a big underdog, with most fans still retaining a fresh memory of last May's one-sided defeat at the hands of Amir Khan. Collazo has since returned to the ring to notch a stay busy win.

Fellow Brooklyn fighter Paulie Malignaggi says Collazo is far from an easy fight for Thurman. He feels Collazo's style was tailor-made for Khan, but that won't be the case with Thurman.

"I think it's a good fight. I think Thurman continues to rise to the occasion and showing us that he's got the goods, but Collazo is a tough guy to deal with. Styles make fights. No pure boxer is going to give Amir Khan trouble. That's the way I feel about it and that's why Collazo was dominated in the Khan fight. In reality, nobody handles Collazo very well and Thurman is not going to handle Collazo very easily either," Malignaggi told BoxingScene.com/Be Real TV.

"It's a good fight and the people who are judging Collazo on the Khan performance should really understand that styles make fights and that's how boxing works. It's a shame if people are complaining about this matchup because it's a good matchup. Collazo always comes to fight, he always comes to bring it and I think he will test Thurman in a lot of ways. Collazo is one of the most mentally strong fighters that I've ever been around, he's a very smart fighter and I think it's a solid fight
."

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i look at this no more than a stay busy and showcase fight for thurman, especially on a saturday night on ESPN (not espn 2 or 3).

haymon has alot of dates/tv time, don't know why people expect to see big fights every card. he gotta build these guys up somehow :manny:

One of the goals of PBC is to keep their fighters active. Facing a top guy every fight is not realistic. We are really fortunate to see these guys more often. Guys typically fight once, maybe twice a year at the most. Keith has this fight, & will probably have another fight before the year is over.

I remember the days growing up when guys where active & would regularly have stay busy fights. I think a lot of fans are so accustomed to the way things are now, they are ready to trash some of these PBC fights.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
CG_LJYXXEAABZTs.jpg