• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
The brehs are discussing this in the OG thread.......Berto is.

Bringing up Berto is almost as laughable as fighting Collazo, who I thought whupped Berto's ass.

As much as I dislike Devon Akexander, he's the guy that would have given Thurman the hardest time. And that ain't saying much.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
The brehs are discussing this in the OG thread.......Berto is.

You really think Berto wants that fight? Honestly? You think Haymon wants to feed Berto to Thurman too when he was lucky to beat Lopez (a career jr welter) down on the score cards going life & death with him? Berto's gonna cash out soon & I doubt it'll be a fight with Thurman. I'm all for criticizing a fighter for not making fights but I don't think this is one of those cases.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
You really think Berto wants that fight? Honestly? You think Haymon wants to feed Berto to Thurman too when he was lucky to beat Lopez (a career jr welter) down on the score cards going life & death with him? Berto's gonna cash out soon & I doubt it'll be a fight with Thurman. I'm all for criticizing a fighter for not making fights but I don't think this is one of those cases.

I posted this in the OG thread, so we dont muddy up this one breh. Since they're discussing Berto currently anyways

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I posted this in the OG thread, so we dont muddy up this one breh. Since they're discussing Berto currently anyways

Check this out bruh:

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article20785.html

"I know before I was given a date, they said, 'Will you fight Porter?' I said, 'Sure!' I said yes, and then a week later, I stopped hearing about it, and then two weeks later, I heard about the Adrien Broner fight. You know, it is what it is. I think it's a fight that definitely can happen this year, me and Shawn Porter. I think it's a fight that the fans would love to see," stated undefeated welterweight champion Keith Thurman, who recently spoke to FightHype.com about his upcoming July 11 clash with former welterweight champion Luis Collazo. Thurman, who admitted that Collazo wasn't his first preference for an opponent, is looking forward to putting this fight behind him and moving on to some of the bigger names in the welterweight division.

"There's a lot of fights, man. Every year, my list changes on who I want. I normally have three people on my list that I really care about getting my hands on this year," Thurman explained. "Amir Khan, Shawn Porter, and possibly Kell Brook. Kell Brook, outside of myself, is an undefeated welterweight. There's only me and Kell, outside of Floyd Mayweather, that are undefeated, so I would like to get rid of some of the undefeated fighters in the welterweight division and let us find out who's the best
."

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
And this thread is dead:wow:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
And this thread is dead:wow:
I can't get hyped up over One Time fighting Collazo. It is just a completely mindboggling matchmaking decision especially coming off of the attention the Thurman/Guerrero fight got on PBC's debut card.
I honestly don't understand Allah Haymon's decisions where Thurman is concerned.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I can't get hyped up over One Time fighting Collazo. It is just a completely mindboggling matchmaking decision especially coming off of the attention the Thurman/Guerrero fight got on PBC's debut card.
I honestly don't understand Allah Haymon's decisions where Thurman is concerned.

Nobody was available

Khan fought Algieri
AB fought Porter (AB v One Time would a been great but AB want catch weight for welterweights)
Devon fighting for IBF #1
Chino fighting diabeetus
Berto waiting on Floyd
Swift is making his debut at 147 (not gonna fight One Time his first fight there)

Brook was trying for Rios/waiting on Floyd/ wants a UK fight

:yeshrug:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Chino fighting diabeetus
giphy.gif

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
i just hope theres no showcase jinx...i hate to think that the wonderful prime ending beating that thurman dealt out to ghost was all for nothing
So far all of the showcase fights that Haymon fighters have had resulted in struggle matches. Hopefully Thurman breaks the streak and keeps his momentum going from the Guerrero win.