Pay $70 Billion for a dying franchise brehs

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That was just bragging rights on both sides, what games y’all getting out of this that y’all wasn’t getting before?
I mean you say y'all but I'm not getting anything I wasn't already getting in terms of game franchises. I covered all my bases years ago so if a game comes out on a modern platform and I'm interested in the game I can play it.

Me personally I think Xbox getting these studios makes Game Pass a better service. I want Xbox to improve and figure out their struggles and we're at a point now where they've decided the direction they're going in and it's full steam ahead.

Even now Game Pass has a pressure on Sony that didn't exist before and is pushing change there. Sony wasn't doing Extra and Premium with games like Stray and Tchia day and date release before Game Pass. Granted they don't have to put their AAA games on Extra / Premium today but if they can keep making new games for the service it becomes more compelling. Even Nintendo for $50 or so a year now has a subscription service of back catalog games. Perhaps in time they make new games for it as well.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

3000 upvotes in 3 days so apparently some people do want it back.

Also that would be fire. RIP midway. Idk what the fukk the people that bought the ips are doing

Bruh, 3000 up votes on Reddit isn't particularly what I'd call massive demand, breh. The game rightfully has its fans, but they aren't making any noise out here.

I played both of the True Crimes, and Sleeping Dogs. Sleeping Dogs seemed like the absolute best they were likely to get out of that studio and property, and I'm completely fine with that being the end of it. They tried making a sequel and a spinoff, and both got bushed. Some combination of quality and demand just wasn't there, breh. If they could find a reason to fart out a Saints Row Game with gameplay that teleported in from 2009 while ignoring Sleeping Dogs, it's a wrap for that property out here, breh.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We still waiting on a new cool spot game :manny:

Edit—-

Who owns the rights to Vector Man? :jbhmm:

I would actually play a remaster/remake of Cool Spot, though. :ehh:

But that VectorMan/Detox bundle about to crush the buildings when it drops. :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I would actually play a remaster/remake of Cool Spot, though. :ehh:

But that VectorMan/Detox bundle about to crush the buildings when it drops. :wow:

Its funny, i thought the SNES was finished back in the day when i saw the graphics for Vector Man :laff:

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Bruh, 3000 up votes on Reddit isn't particularly what I'd call massive demand, breh. The game rightfully has its fans, but they aren't making any noise out here.

I played both of the True Crimes, and Sleeping Dogs. Sleeping Dogs seemed like the absolute best they were likely to get out of that studio and property, and I'm completely fine with that being the end of it. They tried making a sequel and a spinoff, and both got bushed. Some combination of quality and demand just wasn't there, breh. If they could find a reason to fart out a Saints Row Game with gameplay that teleported in from 2009 while ignoring Sleeping Dogs, it's a wrap for that property out here, breh.

For a sequel request of a game that nobody is asking about, that's a decent size demand for a random request. And of course they aren't because it seems like a dead property, that might change after the purchase and people get more interested in IPs.

Nobody was asking for a sequel to red dead revolver but we got redemption from it.

Uh, I wouldn't use SE's weird ass metrics for the game as an idea of it's demand. SE forced them to abandon the ambitious sequel for a MP game nobody wanted and they seemingly didn't wanna do.

Hell, SE just sold TR and their western unions for $300 mil just because it was "unprofitable" just for Embracer to sell Tomb Raider ALONE for $600 million.

There's nobody to make a new sleeping dogs. The company is closed and SE has been pivoting for a long time.

I guess we'll see. Donnie Yen was still down for the movie and last year simu liu talked about joining the movie, so hey, we'll see

Oh wait, damn Sony stans big mad in here? Lmaoooo, the most aggressive nerds on earth

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nobody was asking for a sequel to red dead revolver but we got redemption from it.

It came out 5 years later from a completely different developer, it was basically a new IP. You talking about resurrecting a game from two decades ago that never had great sales to begin with, for what audience?

No one remembers any of those games aside from people that don’t buy games anymore

Oh wait, damn Sony stans big mad in here? Lmaoooo, the most aggressive nerds on earth

Laugh through it :skip:

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
It came out 5 years later from a completely different developer, it was basically a new IP. You talking about resurrecting a game from two decades ago that never had great sales to begin with, for what audience?

No one remembers any of those games aside from people that don’t buy games anymore

you talking True Crime to Sleeping Dogs or Revolver to Redemption? Sleeping Dogs, true. Revolver to Redemption were still both rockstar, they just bought it off Capcom

And hell, idk, it doesn't even really need brand attachment but it gives them one for MS to develop an open world game crime game if they wanted, like sleeping dogs. I'll take that before they try crackdown again.