Paul Walker........Dead R.I.P.

aRoMaN21

over 14 years in the shade...
Daps

since there was a lot of smoke frm a smothered fire in the beginning im assuming he breathed all that in and died, then burned.

i think he was knokked out and then died frm being smothered then burned. :to:
at least i hope.

Gifted one

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
since there was a lot of smoke frm a smothered fire in the beginning im assuming he breathed all that in and died, then burned.

i think he was knokked out and then died frm being smothered then burned. :to:
at least i hope.

Just a sad way to go, damn he suffered a lot his final moments :to:

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
this dude Alex Jones said Paul was killed by a drone missle... I'm done. :snoop:

For real?

I was wondering when one of these tinfoil hat illuminati/reptilian spewing a$$holes were gonna come out of the woodworks with their usual bullshyt.

aRoMaN21

over 14 years in the shade...
Daps
Carbon fiber frame combined with over 600 ponies = wanting to leave the road. If it weren't for the downward force of F1's they'd leave the road nearly instantly. Professional racers tend to keep this characteristic fresh in their heads....Its certainly not a tin can like some people seem to act like it is, & I think they hit it at just the right spot to basically cause the worst that could happen.
My guess is it hit that pole at high speed right in the side which snapped a lot of the bolts connecting the front and back pieces, that exposed the fuel tank which got torn open (if you look at early pics in this thread you can see a sorta hollow metal piece that looks like it was cleaved open) & that threw gas out which ignited........I wonder if Porsche has gotten any calls concerning the 918 Spyder, it seems to share a pretty similar configuration, in fact it might be even worse. The fuel tank is right up near the top, right in front of the engine and the muffler/exhaust is at the top front of the engine (so right next to the fuel tank). Plus its sitting on top of the battery pack.

Porsche-918-Spyder-aluminum-hybrid-pressure-fuel-tank.jpg

Basically the passengers are practically sitting on the gas tank :damn:..... ^^^^^^^ The tank location is ideal in most type of crashes but obviously would have been heavily damaged in this type of sideways impact where the car is almost ripped in 2. Not that it matter at this point for the occupants who would more than likely be dead at this point.
So it sure looks like a high speed crash where the driver lost it and went sideways into 2 trees and a light pole. Reckless driving.

Just a sad way to go, damn he suffered a lot his final moments :to:

shyt happens so quikk in car wrekks, especially at 90+mph. if anything he probably got burned with a smile on his face (not literally though) if he was truly knokked out.
so all he would remember is feeling and seeing the car go off the road in a split second then nothing.
if he wasnt knokked out, thats a fukkd up way to die. they would burn people at the stake just for that reason. smh

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
http://arts.nationalpost.com/2013/1...-suicide-watch-after-receiving-death-threats/

‘Top 5 reasons I’m glad Paul Walker is dead’ writer reportedly on suicide watch after receiving death threats

In the article, Bull says she’s glad that Walker, the star of the Fast & Furious franchise, has died because: there won’t be any more Fast & Furious sequels (which isn’t quite true), “there hasn’t been a good celebrity death in a while,” “his death has been a good distraction from the soldiers who died this week,” “Vin Diesel will finally be forced to expand his career,” and “this proves that rich douchebags die young too.”

You guys here about this? Wtf.

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
Carbon fiber frame combined with over 600 ponies = wanting to leave the road. If it weren't for the downward force of F1's they'd leave the road nearly instantly. Professional racers tend to keep this characteristic fresh in their heads....Its certainly not a tin can like some people seem to act like it is, & I think they hit it at just the right spot to basically cause the worst that could happen.
My guess is it hit that pole at high speed right in the side which snapped a lot of the bolts connecting the front and back pieces, that exposed the fuel tank which got torn open (if you look at early pics in this thread you can see a sorta hollow metal piece that looks like it was cleaved open) & that threw gas out which ignited........I wonder if Porsche has gotten any calls concerning the 918 Spyder, it seems to share a pretty similar configuration, in fact it might be even worse. The fuel tank is right up near the top, right in front of the engine and the muffler/exhaust is at the top front of the engine (so right next to the fuel tank). Plus its sitting on top of the battery pack.

Porsche-918-Spyder-aluminum-hybrid-pressure-fuel-tank.jpg

Basically the passengers are practically sitting on the gas tank :damn:..... ^^^^^^^ The tank location is ideal in most type of crashes but obviously would have been heavily damaged in this type of sideways impact where the car is almost ripped in 2. Not that it matter at this point for the occupants who would more than likely be dead at this point.
So it sure looks like a high speed crash where the driver lost it and went sideways into 2 trees and a light pole. Reckless driving.
Thats not the same car, that car isn't even out yet. The gas tank for the Carrera Gt is in the front. Its like right were you rest your feet.

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
http://www.automotiveforums.com/t74323-walter_rohrl_talks_a_bit_of_the_carrera_gt.html

The release of Porsche's Carrera GT, which will challenge the Ferrari Enzo for the title of the world's fastest car, has been delayed because one of its most experienced test drivers says it is too powerful for mere mortals.
Former world rally champion and Porsche test driver Walter Rohrl told Drive the new Porsche supercar is "the first car in my life that I drive and I feel scared".
Just three Australians have ordered one, but they have told Porsche their cars will be garaged in Europe because the Carrera GT cannot be registered here.
Rohrl, who has been testing the Carrera GT in prototype form for the past three years, said it is so powerful that it spins the rear wheels in each gear up to fifth in its six-ratio box.
Power and acceleration figures are yet to be announced but Rohrl gave a clue to the engine's awesome performance, saying that the 5.5-litre V10 produces 450Nm of torque from as little as 2000rpm.
Overseas reports claim that the engine has a maximum of 450kW and 600Nm and that the engine revs to 9000rpm.
Earlier this year, Rohrl said, the engineering team was about to cancel a day's testing at the famous Nurburgring circuit because of wet weather. But, Rohrl said, when he insisted the car had to be tested in slippery conditions, he discovered the car's daunting performance.
"I came back into the pits and I was white," Rohrl said. "I immediately said to the engineers that we need one button for the wet and one button for the dry", referring to the need for a traction control switch.
Originally, he said, there were no plans to fit electronic traction control to the Carrera GT but his insistence has forced Porsche to develop a system at late notice.
Porsche is also trying to refine the gearbox -- but getting so many heavy-duty parts to move smoothly and quickly has proved challenging for engineers.
Rohrl says the car will not be released "until it is perfect" and that the maker is under no time pressure to deliver the Carrera GT.
"That is one of the good things about projects like this," he says. "Everyone wants the best and we will do what it takes, as long as it takes, to build the best.
"The car will sell whenever we bring it out."
Since its unveiling in concept car form at the 2000 Paris motor show, the Carrera GT has been on the road frequently as part of Porsche's rigorous testing program and accordingly has often been caught wearing little disguise (above).
The Carrera GT was at the Estoril F1 race track in Portugal last week for dry-weather testing. Rohrl, who was attending a media release for the new Porsche Cayenne 4WD at the time, was on the phone each night to check on the progress of his "baby".
At the Nurburgring, Rohrl tested the car with several tyre combinations and found that the 20-inch Michelin tyres, while excellent in the dry, were more of a handful in the wet than the equivalent Pirellis, on which he was 20 seconds a lap quicker around the 22km circuit.
Porsche has yet to make top speed claims about the Carrera GT but it has been reported that its tyres will be rated to 400kmh because the car is likely to exceed 350kmh.
The current benchmark is the three-seater McLaren F1 road car which recorded a top speed of 386.7kmh set in 1999. But this model has not been in production for four years, leaving the fight open for Porsche and Ferrari.
On paper, an acceleration time of 3.7 seconds for the 0-100kmh sprint is likely for the Carerra GT. Rohrl would not give an estimate.
"We develop the car to be the best we can possibly build and then put a stop watch on it," he said. "We don't come up with a time and say 'this is what we must achieve' because then you have a limit." Porsche plans to build no more than 1000 Carerra GTs (Ferrari is building 399 Enzos) over three years starting from mid-2003, assembling them by hand at the company's Leipzig plant alongside the Cayenne 4WD.

:wow: ^^^^This is 10000000% truth brehs... I've actually driven a Carrera GT (It was a birthday present ..an all day supercar driving experience at a Track day), I can tell you straight up the whip is a tricky bytchhhh to drive, very rewarding but unforgiving. It can understeer badly and can be tough to correct for (driving with the throttle is as important as the steering wheel), especially if you're used to cars that tend towards oversteer, like the 911. Compound that with the purity of the thing; no TC or ESC, and it's easy to see what happened. Hell, I spun one out at 100+ mph on the track, I underestimated the amount of mechanical grip the thing had, but luckily didn't hit anything. If I'd been on a road the wreck would have looked a lot like this one.

After that 360.... I sat there drenched until someone came over & checked on me, still gripping the wheel. I wish I had a picture of the expression on my face :damn:. By the end of the day though, I was really comfortable in it whip after endless laps, guess you just have to realize that its limits are far beyond yours and rely on its grip, then use more throttle, which is counterintuitive with how sane humans think. Going back t my previous F1 comparison even Hamilton and Webber have smashed these up before!

Now it made sense why the briefing was so long ....Listening to the Porsche guys before we drove the GT was like hearing Mr Miyagi in Karate Kid. "Either you race car do 'yes' or race car do 'no'. You race car do 'guess so', *squish* just like grape."