Supporter
Daps
full

tumblr_m7wwyxydiO1rcyo9do1_500.gif

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Paul Mooney is amazing and I agree with every thing he's said. Remember those that started out R&B/Hip Hop and then switched up like Kid Rock, Pink, etc., they make it more obvious. I've NEVER gotten the hype over these artists.
why should you?

why even care what those other artists are doing though?

why did lil wayne release a rock album?

Ness

Banned
Daps
Blackface in its nature is meant to be denigrating and mocking of black attributes and characteristics

How is a white person simply studying, celebrating, and in their turn trying to do a historically black artform to the best of their ability blackface?

You have to look at context and intent before you label something blackface.

Last edited:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Paul mooney is hilarious. I saw him a few times chilling at a donut shop in the Bay Area, donut time in El Cerrito for the Bay Area heads. The first time I saw him I thought he was just a random person who happened to look like mooney. The second time I asked the owner and he said that's Paul and he's a regular.

He makes a good point. White rappers that over do it like riff raff, that white trashy bytch from the bay v nasty or something like that, Eminem with a durag and beiber makes me cringe.

I wouldn't call Adele a wigger tho:dahell: she acts and talks like a typical old school white lady.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How is a white person studying, celebrating, and in their turn trying to do a historically black artform to the best of their ability black face?

Do they have to dress/talk like Black people in order to do all that? Like he said "if you're white, be white, but don't make me think you're this Black person". I know some believe that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but to me it's the sincerest form of fakkitry.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Do they have to dress/talk like Black people in order to do all that? Like he said "if you're white, be white, but don't make me think you're this Black person".
do black ppl wear suits when they go to work at their office job?

does that mean they are "acting white"

what is "acting black"

see this whole narrative is fukking stupid because now you allow white ppl to question why black ppl do "white" things or wear "white" clothes or talk "white"

why the fukk in 2016 do we have to put labels on everything?

why is it that when someone speaks "proper" they are considered acting white?

SMH you fukking dudes that fall in to this are the real c00ns. you dudes are the ones that have to "act black" just to prove something.

in your world a white kid that wants to wear baggy jeans and a hat backwards and rap is no different than a black dude that wears a nice suit, carries a briefcase and studies accounting.

SMH....who's the real fukkin c00n.

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why we refer to each others as blacks. Just say African Americans

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
@The_One
Check your white privilege.
You all are hella nosey. Don't tell black people how we should feel about things pertaining to us. I don't even know you are commenting.
GIF-Conceding-Lumbergh-Office-Office-Space-OK-Ok-then-Uh-yeah-Umm-Well-then-GIF.gif

umm-no.gif

I ain't tellin anyone how to feel. I'm just gonna laugh while you wasting your time worrying about how other ppl live their life.
ESPECIALLY entertainers.

More ppl on this site worried about what white ppl are doing that you don't even have enough time to find that dope shyt thats really out there.

But yea, I mean you can go follow all these white rappers and singers (that you say you really hate lol), go listen to their music and read up on everything they do just so you can call them a culture vulture.

I'll spend my time actually LISTENING and following the music thats out there that I do like