Homegirl in the hat looking like Scottie P
maxresdefault.jpg

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

Amazing commentary

Such a shame that so much Blacks would be enamored by and support those white artists performing BlackFace, while black people shamelessly eat it up

"Modern day Blackface without the makeup" :wow:

I always say that I'm DISGUSTED by whiggers. Justin Timberlake, Eminem, Adele, Christina Augilera, Beiber, etc are all making fun of you right to your face, making millions off of our culture :mjpls:

why does he do standup from a chair?

i've literally never seen anyone do this but him... is it medical or just "his thing"

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
This must be prime Mooney before dementia :( The comments are funny as if anyone going back and forth have any patents or "created" anything outside of an unplanned pregnancy.:comeon: American Black music comes out of poverty and struggle, ironically so does country music. Wonder does Charlie Pride catch as much shyt as Feminem does in hip-hop.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
This must be prime Mooney before dementia :( The comments are funny as if anyone going back and forth have any patents or "created" anything outside of an unplanned pregnancy.:comeon: American Black music comes out of poverty and struggle, ironically so does country music. Wonder does Charlie Pride catch as much shyt as Feminem does in hip-hop.
charlie pride probably faced more white KKK type motherfukkers in country than ANY white rapper ever in history... be serious

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
You are speculating.
well since there hasn't been a fukking study on the subject, so are you

lets see... black man doing down south country white people music in the 60s-70s vs. cool "down" white boys doing ours in the 80s-00s

lets take a wild guess on which one faced more racism :jbhmm:

shyt i bet i've faced more racism than em... lets be serious for a second breh

Jimi Swagger

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
well since there hasn't been a fukking study on the subject, so are you

lets see... black man doing down south country white people music in the 60s-70s vs. cool "down" white boys doing ours in the 80s-00s

lets take a wild guess on which one faced more racism :jbhmm:

shyt i bet i've faced more racism than em... lets be serious for a second breh

All the profanity isn't needed neither did your comments refute my OP. Stay blessed, nephew.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
Paul Mooney does not have dementia.

Black people are the originators of country music... Country and rock have the same root... The Blues pleighboi

How do you not know that?:lolbron:

And are you people tagging each other in/out this thread?:russ:

So many hurt feelings!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-549-1370689544-9.gif

Jimi Swagger

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB

Black people are the originators of country music... Country and rock have the same root... The Blues pleighboi

So many hurt feelings!

Everything has an African influence (country music originated in Applachia), including alchemy. Doesn't change the fact that non-Africans are the biggest arms dealers

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Country music and Bluegrass have Black origins if you go by music historians..
White people have zero music and culture in America they can claim to have originated..
Paul Mooney doesn't hold back and is without a doubt the most fearless of Black comedians. No one else even comes close..some times he's not even trying to be funny but will just sit there spitting hard knowledge.
You want a non-fail method to identify c00ns..Play them a Paul Mooney video and if they get uncomfortable and start fidgeting and sweating when Mooney goes off then you know they a c00n. :umad:

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps

So many hurt feelings!

Yes black ppl have roots in most music, just as white ppl do. This isn't a one race thing. Especially how music is today. Its a hybrid, weird combination of multiple different styles and influences that results in new genres and new styles of music

This is no different with Country and rock and roll music. they both have blues influences, as they have other influences as well.

American popular music comes mainly from two sources which I shall list alphabetically: Africa and the Bristish Isles, specifically Ireland and Scotland.
Country music, especially from the first half of the 20th century comes down predominantly from the Scottish and Irish Celtic folk tradition. Older country music and especially the subgenre called bluegrass comes directly from Irish and Scottish dances and aires. Listen to some country fiddling, then listen to some Irish or Scottish traditional fiddling.
The Celtic contribution to American popular music is to be found in the chord progressions and our melodic approach to music. European music in general affects the formal structure of American popular music which is usually Verse, chorus, verse chorus and may include transitions, second melodic themes and codas.
Africa's contribution to American music is mainly rhythmic. Ethnomusicologists and Jazz historians alike will tell you that traditional sub-saharan African music does not take melody into account nearly as much as it does rhythm. While the chord progressions and melodies in American music may be European the rhythms popular in all current styles are of African origin. If you read Nat Shapiro and Nat Hentoff's classic Hear Me Talkin' to Ya you can find out first hand how the great early jazz musicians, who were predominantly Americans with African roots, would go to symphony concerts and buy classical recordings to learn about writing for groups, arranging and composition in general. This is what made big band swing era jazz so great.
OK, rock and roll. The word is a euphemism for having sex. Naughty music. African-American rhythms and Celtic-American melody and chords fused into one powerful mixture! You also mention rhythm and blues. Both rock(and roll) and rhythm and blues are offshoots of THE blues.
I remember in the 90s there was a TV special about the history of rock and roll. They were interviewing blues legend Willie Dixon who in the early to mid 1950s also ran a recording studio. He tells how Chuck Berry came to the studio with his song, Maybelline, which became a BIG hit and a rock and roll classic. According to Dixon Berry intitially wanted to record it as a COUNTRY AND WESTERN SONG! But Dixon told him that he should present it as a rock and roll song. Berry had never even heard of rock and roll so Dixon explained to him that rock was the latest big thing among the young people who bought records.
When I was younger I also wonderd, as you, if black Americans invented the blues and rock and roll why don't we see more black rockers and why are the best young blues players white. Maybe commercialization of rock and roll nudged black performers out. I don't know. Why is it that it took white British performers like Keth Richard, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page etc. to reintroduce Americans to blues music? Why did Jimi Hendrix, who was never more that a (very loud) blues guitarist at heart, jhave to go to England to be accepted?
Anyway, back to YOUR question. If you listen to salsa,mambo, and other Afro-Carribean music you will notice that although it is African influenced it sounds very different from American music. That is because it is also a fusion of African and European , but with Iberian (Spanish and Portuguese) European music which is quite different from the music of the British Isles.
All in all I think American popular music is something unique and special that could only have happened with the mixture of cultures. All American popular music since the early 20th century, and especially in the past 50 years, has influenced music from all over the world.
There are many other styles of music worldwide. I am a professional performer of music from all over the world. You should visit the world music secvtion of your local record store. Also you might want to look into some courses that might be open to the public at your local college or university. There is often a history of pop music course.
I love music from all over the world, but everywhere I have travelled people know more about American pop music than we tend to know about THEIR music.