Patrice O'neal and the Black Phillip Show appreciation

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Apparently someone found the Patrice O'Neal roast from 2003 in full and tossed it online. Previously there were only a couple sets in poor audio quality, but this seems to be the whole thing.

Rich Vos hosted. Lineup: Colin Quinn, Bill Burr, Robert Kelly, Keith Robinson, Jim Norton, Greg Giraldo, Todd Berry & more.

And after finishing listening, best set of the night might go to Ben Bailey aka the Cash Cab guy...I didn't know he could crush like that

Last edited:

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
Started listening to that roast last night but didnt have enough time so I stopped after Vos's first part. He was kinda killin it though

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Apparently someone found the Patrice O'Neal roast from 2003 in full and tossed it online. Previously there were only a couple sets in poor audio quality, but this seems to be the whole thing.

Rich Vos hosted. Lineup: Colin Quinn, Bill Burr, Robert Kelly, Keith Robinson, Jim Norton, Greg Giraldo, Todd Berry & more.

And after finishing listening, best set of the night might go to Ben Bailey aka the Cash Cab guy...I didn't know he could crush like that

Just started listening to it. Vos is killing it so far.

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
When it dropped I listened for about 10 eps, but Dante really isn't as articulate, or as righteous as Patrice.

Patrice had less theories and philosophies, so they were, at least to a point, bulletproof.

Dante makes a lot of good points, but without the genius level humour, intellect, and delivery, it comes off poorly.

You can give it a shot if you like, but I threw it in the bushes 10 eps in.
Yall should pick it up again, they definitely found their groove and it's a lot better now

Dante isn't Patrice and never will be, but the message is the same and he tells a lot of crazy stories from his life that we never got to hear on Black Phillip

plus the two co-hosts he has on there are funny as shyt

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Just finished the whole roast.

Ben Bailey & Burr murdered it.

Keith Robinson died the death his comedy deserved, but it was fun listening to him bomb like a motherfukker.

Yall should pick it up again, they definitely found their groove and it's a lot better now

Dante isn't Patrice and never will be, but the message is the same and he tells a lot of crazy stories from his life that we never got to hear on Black Phillip

I'm sure it did get better, and I actually listened to closer to 30 eps than 10 when I look back on it.

I've just come to a place in my life where I don't settle for imitations of shyt (with all respect due to Dante). I've heard and listened to enough Patrice to not need a podcast filled with Patrice-like rhetoric. It's also a part of the reason I don't listen to Corey Holcomb. He's like Patrice with about 30% of the thought and philosophy.

:yeshrug:

Patrice blessed me enough and I fukked with him while he was around, so I'm satisfied.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
:ohhh:yooooooo has anyone heard the latest Beige Phillip Podcast episode? #168. It features Jeffrey Gurian, who was a frequent guest on Black Phillip.

Ep168 – Jeffrey Gurian | The Beige Phillip Show

The first 25 minutes Dante really addresses the issues between him and Von (Patrice's widow/girl) and the issues he faced during Patrice's passing.

Cliff Notes:
- Von got another comic, Keith Robinson to talk to Dante cause she claims allegedly that Dante threatened her with physical violence:wtf:
- Von wouldn't let Dante see Patrice during his final days/moments.
- Von didn't communicate with Dante at all during Patrice's passing
- She didn't let him speak at his Funeral even though they were like brothers, and this angered him and pissed him off the most
- Says most of this stems from the fact that him and Patrice hadn't been talking in the past few years cause Patrice likes to act funny style sometimes like changing his number and shyt.
- Says Patrice was THE MAN but has bytch like behavior because he ACTUALLY is bytch-made because he was literally raised by women and takes on some of their characteristics.:scust:
- Dante feels Von resents him because him and Patrice used to run hoes together while he was dating Von
- Says Von doesn't have what it takes to properly spread Patrice's message because she's a woman and hasn't been through what it takes to acquire proper game.
- He emphasizes she's the subject and NOT the colleague of Patrice.

That's pretty much the highlights BUT damn Dante dropped some heat and insight. :wow:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Patrice's best imitation is his Asian fishtank guy

heh heh eh! hearing him go off on asians is the best

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
:ohhh:yooooooo has anyone heard the latest Beige Phillip Podcast episode? #168. It features Jeffrey Gurian, who was a frequent guest on Black Phillip.

The first 25 minutes Dante really addresses the issues between him and Von (Patrice's widow/girl) and the issues he faced during Patrice's passing.

Cliff Notes:
- Von got another comic, Keith Robinson to talk to Dante cause she claims allegedly that Dante threatened her with physical violence:wtf:
- She didn't let him speak at his Funeral even though they were like brothers, and this angered him and pissed him off the most
- Says most of this stems from the fact that him and Patrice hadn't been talking in the past few years cause Patrice likes to act funny style sometimes like changing his number and shyt.
- Says Patrice was THE MAN but has bytch like behavior because he ACTUALLY is bytch-made because he was literally raised by women and takes on some of their characteristics.:scust:
- Dante feels Von resents him because him and Patrice used to run hoes together while he was dating Von
- Says Von doesn't have what it takes to properly spread Patrice's message because she's a woman and hasn't been through what it takes to acquire proper game.

That's pretty much the highlights BUT damn Dante dropped some heat and insight. :wow:

I found Gurian annoying as hell on Black Phillip, but he was pretty on point with this one and made a lot more sense to me. I always wanted to try that coloring book line too. This is definitely the most I've heard Dante speak on the issues and shed some real light on everything. I kinda got annoyed in some Beige Phillip episodes where he tried to distance the show from the original inspiration; it's definitely got a different style, flow and personality from the classics that Patrice led, but if you want to be your own show than change the damned name.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

The other dude on the show is pretty good at putting jokes and tags into the mix too. It's cringeworthy when he awkwardly quotes slang like he's reading an urban dictionary listing out loud or some ish, but in terms of finding humor in the stories...dude ain't bad.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps

Cliff Notes:

Never knew this. I just put it down to Von being salty about Dante knowing where all Patrice's 'bodies were buried' so to speak.

Makes a lot more sense now why they don't fukk with each other :ohhh:

Damn shame, though.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Never knew this. I just put it down to Von being salty about Dante knowing where all Patrice's 'bodies were buried' so to speak.

Makes a lot more sense now why they don't fukk with each other :ohhh:

Damn shame, though.

Honestly, I don't know who to believe, but it doesn't really matter to me.

It's a part of the reason I don't listen to Beige Phillip or follow what Von's doing too closely - I was a fan of Patrice - his extended fam and friends are cool, but since he's gone I don't want to hear second hand game from anyone that isn't him directly.

He was the connect, now that he's gone, I'm out of the game. Ain't no need to buy the stepped on package just because.

:yeshrug: