Parasite (2019 Palme d'Or winner and The Film Room top movie of the year) - directed by Bong Joon-ho

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I felt some type of way when Da-Song's mother explains what really led to his traumatic experience about seeing a ghost.

That shyt was awful, especially when the new housekeeper knew what the deal was as she was giving more details.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
i love how the mainstream are acting like this is the best korean or asian film as in prefect? lol

it's brilliant, i loved it but hey..slow down a minute.
As me and you and others know, Korean/Asian homies been droppin heat
For
A
MINUTE NOW!!

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You make a great point, and it really left me thinking, but something about this still really bothers me. I think it's the all or nothing approach of it. Like if it can't be full Korean, go white and English speaking. Why not use a Korean family who speaks English? Why does it always have to be full on white to be commercial?

What bothers me is a series is even being made in the first place. Like a year after the movie came out. :dahell:

Anyway, as far as using Korean actors speaking English....if you're doing English then you might as well use Ameican stars. Like Mark Ruffalo.

There are no Korean stars (not enough to carry an entire series, anyway) in America.

Like I said ideally this series wouldn't be happened but it's unfolding exactly how I'd imagine it would.

Fred.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Not even worthy of a reply but I'll give you the attention you wanted by hitting submit :manny:
No post is “worthy” of a reply dikkhead, were spending valuable irrecoverable seconds, minutes, and hours typing about nothing to randoms, day in and day out :gucci: I hope praising this movie gets you closer to heaven nikka, but in the meanwhile, you gonna get these posts and learn to love it

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
What bothers me is a series is even being made in the first place. Like a year after the movie came out. :dahell:

Anyway, as far as using Korean actors speaking English....if you're doing English then you might as well use Ameican stars. Like Mark Ruffalo.

There are no Korean stars (not enough to carry an entire series, anyway) in America.

Like I said ideally this series wouldn't be happened but it's unfolding exactly how I'd imagine it would.

Fred.
I thought they were doing something new with the show, it’s just going to be a copy of the movie :gucci:

• Dap
Reactions: hex
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
No post is “worthy” of a reply dikkhead, were spending valuable irrecoverable seconds, minutes, and hours typing about nothing to randoms, day in and day out :gucci: I hope praising this movie gets you closer to heaven nikka, but in the meanwhile, you gonna get these posts and learn to love it

how much attention can one poster crave

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
list some great Korean/Asian films. I want a list to go through and watch this weekend with my girl, she loves Korean films.

Confessions
Oldboy
Hana-bi
Memories of Matsuko
Infernal Affairs
The Host
Joint Security Area
A Bittersweet Life
Train to Busan
Zatoichi
Battle Royale
Kikujiro