Parasite (2019 Palme d'Or winner and The Film Room top movie of the year) - directed by Bong Joon-ho

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Parasite does one of my least fav. things in filmmaking. Establishing people (The poor family) as really smart only to have them make insanely dumb decisions later in the movie. They do at least three things no rational person would do.

1. Getting shytfaced in the house. I kinda get that they would eat and sleep there but shyt happens, they need to be alert.
2. Letting the former housekeeper in. C'mon. This is something that the rich family should be there to deal with, not them.
3. Opening up the bunker after having them locked the housekeeper and his husband in while there are other people in the house.

The former housekeeper should've broken in with a spare key or in some way the family didn't know about like the bunker. She had enough motivation to do that.

Despite that it's really good. Until they go on the camping trip it was my fav. movie of the year.
They were celebrating :camby:

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Parasite does one of my least fav. things in filmmaking. Establishing people (The poor family) as really smart only to have them make insanely dumb decisions later in the movie. They do at least three things no rational person would do.

1. Getting shytfaced in the house. I kinda get that they would eat and sleep there but shyt happens, they need to be alert.
2. Letting the former housekeeper in. C'mon. This is something that the rich family should be there to deal with, not them.
3. Opening up the bunker after having them locked the housekeeper and his husband in while there are other people in the house.

The former housekeeper should've broken in with a spare key or in some way the family didn't know about like the bunker. She had enough motivation to do that.

Despite that it's really good. Until they go on the camping trip it was my fav. movie of the year.
Yeah, this is why I don't get the hype surrounding this film. The theme it deals with is capitalism and how it creates a class based society that makes it impossible for the poor to escape their situation. Yet plotwise, they chose to have the protagonists make insanely dumb decisions so that in the end, the misery they find themselves in is their own fault. And there was no plausible motivation for any of these dumb decisions.

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
movie was ok, was expecting much more after hearing all the reviews saying it was a 'masterpiece' or whatever. shyt was kind of unrealistic with how they manipulated the rich family to hire everyone so easily, then when they let the former employee woman back in. the camera-work was the best thing about the film, it was very kinetic and creative.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
movie was ok, was expecting much more after hearing all the reviews saying it was a 'masterpiece' or whatever. shyt was kind of unrealistic with how they manipulated the rich family to hire everyone so easily, then when they let the former employee woman back in. the camera-work was the best thing about the film, it was very kinetic and creative.

Check out Borgman. It’s a much better executed take on the same idea imo

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The rich family only cared about convenience, breh. That's why it was so easy for them. Dude knew everything he needed for their scheme once the wife ignored his (falsified) degree and said it means nothing to her because the previous tutor vowed for him.

The rich fam didn't want to spend time or energy on the process of hiring somebody, they just wanted what they needed when they needed it with the comfort of reassurance. And the second someone became inconvenient to them, they cut them off like it meant nothing if a replacement was around the corner.

In fact, they always took the convenient route there too firing the driver and the help with an excuse instead of addressing the real reason which could've revealed the poor family's manipulations.

And the poor fam let the help in because unlike the rich fam, they actually had a conscience. They were fine with their scheme for as long as they assumed the driver and help could just find another job. Being confronted with the actual victim of their crime showed their humanity.

In fact, the only one to show no remorse whatsoever was the daughter, and how did things end for her? Case in point.