Parasite (2019 Palme d'Or winner and The Film Room top movie of the year) - directed by Bong Joon-ho

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
Yo!!!!!!!!

there’s deep connections between the host and parasite. I’m watching host again now. There’s hard rainfalls alluding to dread in the opening scene of the host. Which also happened in Parasite.

one of the first phrases in the host is “look he’s getting drunk at this hour” also a word for word line in Parasite.

:wow:

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I'm always in the mood to fight over nothing. Welcome to my daily interactions with @MartyMcFly, breh. :russ:
source.gif

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Yo!!!!!!!!

there’s deep connections between the host and parasite. I’m watching host again now. There’s hard rainfalls alluding to dread in the opening scene of the host. Which also happened in Parasite.

one of the first phrases in the host is “look he’s getting drunk at this hour” also a word for word line in Parasite.

:wow:
Both films also feature a climax where:

a father witnesses his own daughter being killed by a monster created by society.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
This movie was really great. I honestly would not have heard about this movie without this thread.
I have to give the coli credit. as much as their are fanboys in here we are pretty cultured when it comes to foreign flicks.

I'm on the blu-ray forums with nerds that buy every movies and they rarely talk about foreign films at all. Even in the criterion threads

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I have to give the coli credit. as much as their are fanboys in here we are pretty cultured when it comes to foreign flicks.

I'm on the blu-ray forums with nerds that buy every movies and they rarely talk about foreign films at all. Even in the criterion threads

Yep, I am going to watch Shoplifters (another movie I only heard about on thecoli) because I enjoyed this movie so much.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
These movies are really companion pieces to one another with the big difference being the cultural differences between Japan and Korea. Parasite for all its fukkery is eerily truthful to what Korean society is like.
Pretty much every movie this year is bout that same subject in a sense. Us. Hustlers. Joker. Last black man.

Burning last year