Pac's Resurrection: The Official 2014-15 Atlanta Hawks Season Thread

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Listening to 92.9 The Game this morning and they brought up Adrien Payne & that he needs to get more playing time and probably at the expense of Pero Antic's minutes. I agree that we need to see less of Antic (he's shooting 17% from 3 this month :huhldup:) & that Payne needs to play more, but what do y'all think? We need another big, but between Payne & Muscala do we have enough solid back up bigs?
I was listening to that this morning and one caller brought up Reggie Evans as a pick up, I kinda rather have him then ray bc it actually addresses a weakness in rebounding instead of what ray brings.

Steezy

Career 13 ppg scorer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Atlanta
Unexpected trade but I guess we're in a win now mode and I understand it. I just hate to see a pick wasted like that and rather that we had traded Jenkins.
jenkins prob would only get us a empty bag of frito lay. remember we declined his option for next year. The trade really dosnt hurt us in any way since we're the #1 team and he's played a total of 11 mins this season. but if we get ray allen..cut jenkins and maybe a reggie evans it'll be back to bud da Gawd :blessed:

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
I would've put money on Moose or John Jenkins being moved. The trade of Payne has me legitimately puzzled, I'd rather the open spot be used on another big or a capable wing scorer not named Ray Allen.

The possibility of Ray will only help spacing on the floor...I know were all seeing how teams are playing Korver and making it hard for him to get touches. Just imagine Korver & Ray both running & cutting through screens on opposite sides of the floor. That's gonna give Teague driving lanes plus open it up for Trill & Horford. If we don't get Ray, Gary Neal is intriguing as fukk to come down here

Dominique Wilkins

Georgia Dawg
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
The possibility of Ray will only help spacing on the floor...I know were all seeing how teams are playing Korver and making it hard for him to get touches. Just imagine Korver & Ray both running & cutting through screens on opposite sides of the floor. That's gonna give Teague driving lanes plus open it up for Trill & Horford. If we don't get Ray, Gary Neal is intriguing as fukk to come down here

you either could have both Korver and Ray on the floor at the same time = deadly

or you rotate Korver and Ray and you are forcing a team to defend their balls off for 48 minutes rather than 28 minutes.

It makes a lot of sense, esp given there really arent any 5s that fit the system available for a trade.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL

Good Lord Teague would put up 30 and Schroder would come off the bench putting up 25 with that setup :lupe:

Dominique Wilkins

Georgia Dawg
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Mannnn that pick is lottery protected wtf:beli:

until 2021.

If Minny makes the playoffs b/w 2017-2020 = it will be in the high teens (which is where we drafted Payne)

If Minny doesn't make the playoffs thru 2020, then we get their 1st in 2021 no matter what

Its a good asset to have whether we get it down the road or use it as a trade chip.

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
how much of game shape can Allen be in though, I guess he would mainly be a playoff time pickup so I think we can afford for him to take a few weeks to round back into shape

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
you either could have both Korver and Ray on the floor at the same time = deadly

or you rotate Korver and Ray and you are forcing a team to defend their balls off for 48 minutes rather than 28 minutes.

It makes a lot of sense, esp given there really arent any 5s that fit the system available for a trade.

Right. We've still gotta be versatile offensively too...Ray gives you that option. I'm not sure there's a big available who will do what we need him to do (rebound AND shoot).

Steezy

Career 13 ppg scorer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Atlanta
Right. We've still gotta be versatile offensively too...Ray gives you that option. I'm not sure there's a big available who will do what we need him to do (rebound AND shoot).
blatch in china but rick kamla said theres no way :wow:

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
The more I think about the possibilities of Allen/Neal and Korver :ohlawd:

It's also brings up the possibility of cutting Jenkins, opening up a spot for a big...

Can we kick the tires on Dalemebert? All we need is somebody who can play 6-8 mins, foul, protect the rim, and get boards

Jermaine O'Neal, Andris Biedrins, Earl Barron? Somebody!!! :damn:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL

Breh I'm thinking about moving to the Vinings area in 2 months. What the chicks like over there? :lupe: