Pacquiao vs Mayweather Official Thread...May 2nd!!!

Who takes this fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
Them muthaphukkas really take that shyt seriously huh

- is retirement announcement a ploy to renegotiate for a final and 50th fight - keep in mind MGM is opening a new arena on the strip this spring - they might want to open it with his final fight

- he should of fought Kell Brook and retired with all of the belts

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Hilarious.gif

GEEZUS. Those dudes werer way too fast for us last night. Look at Pac pulling back cuz he don't want that counter to his face again

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
Hilarious.gif

In the end Manny was no different than any other Floyd opponent.....Scared of getting countered by Floyd's right. For as much as people say he's feather fisted, he felt something he didn't like and that's why he was so tentative.

While this was expected that floyd would control the range and distance with his 5 inch reach advantage and I wanted Floyd to win, in some ways I'm a bit disappointed in Manny in that I honestly thought he'd go for broke win or lose.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
1259be3.gif

This gif is crazy to me for a couple reasons...

1) Everybody says that Mayweather can't use the shoulder roll against southpaws. Didn't seem to have a problem with it here,

2) It further dispels the myth that Mayweather's shots don't hurt. I remember one of the things that people said would work to Manny's advantage is his activity and relentlessness. Meaning he wouldn't mind walking into a shot to get a couple of his off. Clearly not the case, as he stops pursuing immediately after getting hit. So it's obvious he felt the power. Wonder how much of this has to do with what he went through with Marquez though.

3) Floyd's instincts/reflexes/IQ is still crazy. As soon as he hit him with the pull counter, he immediately put up his left up, essentially stopping any attack that could come his way. You could tell Manny wasn't even thinking about returning fire. But the fact that he immediately had the instincts to block Manny so that he couldn't hit him with the left :wow:

Incredible :whew:

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
1259be3.gif

This gif is crazy to me for a couple reasons...

1) Everybody says that Mayweather can't use the shoulder roll against southpaws. Didn't seem to have a problem with it here,

2) It further dispels the myth that Mayweather's shots don't hurt. I remember one of the things that people said would work to Manny's advantage is his activity and relentlessness. Meaning he wouldn't mind walking into a shot to get a couple of his off. Clearly not the case, as he stops pursuing immediately after getting hit. So it's obvious he felt the power. Wonder how much of this has to do with what he went through with Marquez though.

3) Floyd's instincts/reflexes/IQ is still crazy. As soon as he hit him with the pull counter, he immediately put up his left up, essentially stopping any attack that could come his way. You could tell Manny wasn't even thinking about returning fire. But the fact that he immediately had the instincts to block Manny so that he couldn't hit him with the left :wow:

Incredible :whew:
Breh, there was a beautiful counter left hook about 3 seconds after this gif ends. I'll see if someone has gif'd it yet. It was a thing of beauty.

Last edited:

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Somebody needs to get a clean view of that counter-right Floyd landed in the opening minute or two of rd 1...probably the hardest punch Floyd landed all night...that was the shot that played a large part in dictating Pac's lack of aggression imo... Pac darted in with his patented stutter step foot feint, jab-jab left hand...and felt that counter-right in return and probably started having flashbacks and shyt. :damn::deadmanny:

I also noticed Pac's feints were ineffective all night...he couldn't lure Floyd into shyt...the only time when Pac landed clean shots were ironically counter punches that weren't set up by feints or sporadic bursts of offense.