Pacquiao vs Mayweather Official Thread...May 2nd!!!

Who takes this fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Woke up mad hype today!

vnB0k9.gif

There are gonna be alot of happy folks and alot of tears tonight.

Cant Wait.

Didn't know that The Rock can dance like that :leon:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
What do you think of black men who stan a nikka who hangs with Justin Bieber,allegedly put hands on a black woman and said some c00n shyt about Africa?

Amazing how nikkas are trying to turn Floyd into some Muhammad Ali,
Tommie Smith,John Carlos type of nikka. :mjlol:

Just enjoy the damn fight .
Comments aside, this is bigger then all that.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
College life with 7 housemates don't even get most channels on cable, but we upgraded to a HD box and placed in that ppv preorder too.:banderas:

Only one rooting for may in this house, really hoping that may can do something extraordinary tonight.

Walk him down breh :lupe:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I'm not a casual boxing fan by any means but I do think this question is worth talking about.

People say this has nothing to do with boxing but boxing and competition brings out the tribal side in all of us. Boxing's business model is damn near just pitting Blacks/Latinos/Mexicans against each other. That's basically been Mayweather's plan since he left Arum.....minus the Mosley fight.. To be honest I hate that a fight between black fighter and Filipino fighter became an extension of black/white racial divide. You can see it the way it's been covered in the media with Manny being portrayed as the man with God on his side as if Mayweather is the devil.

In some ways I think the hate for Floyd in the black community demonstrates the lack of unity we have as a community. It might sound ridiculous as most people pick and choose what athletes they like based on how they perform their craft (pacquiao is the much more exciting fighter who goes for the knockout as opposed to the defensive minded mayweather) it does speak volume to the lack of unity black people have considering the pride almost ALL ASIANS (not just filipinos) have for Manny Pacquiao. I've encountered numerous Asians this week (tonight at the poker table, a girl at the gym yesterday) regardless of whether they liked Floyd as a boxer or not, they wanted to root for someone who resembled themselves. They saw Manny Pacquaio as an extension of themselves and they weren't even fillipino, just asian.

Floyd Mayweather isn't the most likable individual so I never really sat down and thought about it until this fight but you can see the stark contrast into how other groups of people take pride in their own and black people don't. Floyd's a guy who came from a fukked up situation, pops was in jail, got to represent the US in the Olympics, became a millionaire working hard and practicing his craft and people from our own community want to see him lose to Fillipino? It is somewhat absurd when you take yourself out of the mindset of liking athletes based on how they perform their craft. We've seen whites go to great lengths to defend and financially support murderers via gofundme. Look at how Manziel was looked at by white people coming out of College in comparison to your average black quarterback. Manziel was essentially your stereotypical black QB in white skin and reaped the benefits (until last year) Could you imagine if there was a white fighter with the accomplishments of Floyd Mayweather who has the chance of possibly going 49-0 at the end of September, the support would be overwhelming......Yeah Floyd has a million flaws and no rational human should support how he treats women but still other groups of people tend to forgive their own and ride. Yeah, Floyd has a lot of black fans but he doesn't have EVERYONE of us despite him representing us. Some nikkas still want to see him get his ass kicked because he's a pompous, materialistic nikka who's too successful.
I think people that have boxed and all that have a personal bias to not be able to see it the way the fans see it because the comradery of fighters can easily make race dissapear. Everywhere i go where laregely non black people are talking about this fight, No one wants mayweather to win. I hear people say, hes probably Going to win, but they dont want him to win.

Most black folks ive spoken to want mayweather to win, but i did enounter someone close to me who said he wants Floyd to lose because hes to arrogant. Im like hes a professional fighter that is at the top of his class. If hes not that way, hes fronting for the cameras. Manny Pacquiao is a womanizer that comes on tv acting like a saint yet grew up dirt poor in the Phillipines. I know Filipinos that knew manny before all this and hes not no damn saint.

I just think cats look like clowns rooting for Mayweather to lose in an environment where people want him to lose primarily because of race. Primarily because Floyd is a technical fighter that doesnt block with his chin. Non-black people want to see Mayweather get hospitalized. Thats how deep the shyt is. They would love it if mayweather left on a stretcher and the Drs reported brain damage. Its sick. Imagine how you look when youre at work laughing about Mayweathers loss with people that call you a monkey at their dinner table. Nope. MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!

On top of that on the business side, hes dealing with crooks that exploit black people for a living. I can see how this kind of environment by its nature requires a man to be the way Mayweather is. Manny is getting raped by his handlers and he acts like its all good when its not. Hes a bytch. Mayweather acts like a man who deals with crooks for a living. I respect him because the entertainment industry is made to destroy people and hes taking it in stride.

Last edited:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Watching almost all of Pac's amd May's fights. But one thing I notice about Manny's fights is that both fighters seem to fight reckless and so it seems to a casual that Manny was "dominating". Case in point Pac's fight with Cotto.

Manny def has the speed and power. But it looks like he doesnt watches his head a lot/or block.

One advantage I see Mayweather with is being patient due to his in ring intelligence. But will Mayweather be able to keep up with Pac's speed?