Pacquiao vs Mayweather Official Thread...May 2nd!!!

Who takes this fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
You my peoples Krack but I can't side with Merchant. I am happy I don't have to see him around as much now. :camby:Good riddance. He like's those punching bag boxers that end up like Rocky movie but sh!t on the skilled boxers.

I'm saying breh that's boxing, some people like brawlers, some like boxers, some like generic eurocacs. At least you knew why Merchant liked said guys, that's his preference. That's why I said I respect it. :manny:

I respect that more than Lampley calling phantom punches and cheer leading whoever the fukk hbo has $ behind

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
I see the propaganda about Pac being so small so I thought I'd drop some knowledge.

Pac was draining to make 135/130. He was already coming into the ring 147-150.
pac.png

While FMJ fighting at 135 he was coming in at 138
mula.png

And while fighting at WW, 2 divisions above 135. He was only 146 against Judah
tumblr_mmvk81tD1m1qbfejao1_1280.gif

Which is still a pound less than what Pacquiao weighed for the fight against Diaz at 135.

Pac-Morales 3, Pac came in the ring 144, while fighting at 130
morales.png

Floyd-Corrales, Floyd came in 136, fighting at 130
MayCorrales.png

Pacquiao moving up to 147 wasn't that big of a deal because he was already that big. Which is why he didn't need a C/W against Cotto or Oscar.

dlhp.png

Against De La Hoya he was 148. He could have fought De La Hoya with his same training regimen he used at 135, and he would more likely than not still come in with a slight weight advantage. His fight weight at Lightweight, and his "first fight" at Welterweight are the same. Which means he didn't put on any size when he was moving up, he just dehydrated less, while Oscar was in full corpse mode

Now let this sink in.

Floyd came in the ring 148, fighting at Junior Middleweight.
Pac came in the ring 147 fighting at Lightweight.

That's a 1 pound difference between 3 divisions. Pac isn't THAT SMALL. and in some alternate universe where Pacquiao and Floyd met at 135, 130, or 140, Pacquiao would have a solid weight advantage. Maybe around 10 pounds.

147 is the only weight where he and Pac would be equal. Floyd was 148 against Maidana, and Pac was 150 against Bradley.

And for those who say "Floyd is taller, so he is bigger" I say to you, that if Pacquiao has been coming in the ring 145-150 since his days at 130. And Floyd has always been within 5 pounds of the weight he's fighting at, that would mean that even though Floyd is taller, Pacquiao has more more muscle mass. A Lightweight Floyd came into the ring 138. A lightweight Pacquiao came in the ring 148.

Just a quick analysis I thought I would offer. Don't crucify me :whoa:

Pacquiao is arguably the naturally bigger man. Floyd had to add on the weight through time.

Im not arguing that Floyd is smaller right now. Floyd has put on his weight through training. As a 25 year old man he was coming into the ring 136.

As a 25 year old man Pac was coming into the ring 148. Pac has stopped growing.

Floyd has had to actually work to move through weight classes.

They are the same size now.

People forget that Pac was probably malnourished in his 105 days. He probably wasn't even a natural 105. I heard he had it hard coming up. Him being 105 probably had a lot to do with him not eating very well. Floyd was 106 as an american teenager. Who ate well.

It's not that hard to imagine that Pac is NATURALLY bigger. And had he had an average American upbringing he probably wouldn't have even been 105 pounds at that age.

No matter your god gifted genetics, you still need to fuel yourself. And I think once he was able to, he just got bigger. Like he would have been had he ate well.

Poverty in the Philippines is different than poverty in the US.
:francis:

u getting confused with wieght and small... of course he ways the same as his opp but manny is a small man

Jaylen Tatum

Superstar
Daps
Conventional wisdom states that in close fights Vegas judges like the fighter that's on the front foot, engaging and pressing the action.
:wtf: he asked who is more likely to get robbed though. It's like y'all don't believe a robbery could happen :snoop:

the shirt :russ:
283779A000000578-3064617-image-a-16_1430510150095.jpg

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
50 wants to be cool with floyd again so badly that he ignores floyds relationship with rick ross
he knows he was outta line with some of the shyt he said
50 is a snake breh... he sees all that money floyd is holding and also the fact floyd is mad cool with mgm... 50 just wants to use him.

Daps
I think there's no way Pac retires if he loses. I have no idea what he does if he wins. It hadn't crossed my mind since I think it's such a long shot. Maybe if he wins they can lure JMM back into the ring. Maybe he sits back while Floyd begs for a rematch. Maybe he can lure Canelo down in weight for another mega fight.

If he loses though, I think he takes an easier fight like Vargas and Arum sets up Crawford/Pac at 140 with an eye on making Crawford his next cash cow.
I would like to see Pac slap around Paulie Malignaggi for all the disrespect:jawalrus:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Gotdamn. My Twitter timeline is already filled with "Floyd waited until manny got old to fight him" type of stuff

Fight hasn't even happened yet :mindblown: Is this what boxing heads deal with regularly?

Breh come to the safety net of knowledge that is the official boxing thread :blessed: