Pacquiao vs Mayweather Official Thread...May 2nd!!!

Who takes this fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
With Merchant I always felt he was just an old drunk dude saying whatever the fukk he felt, even if I didn't agree with him I respect it. :obama:

You my peoples Krack but I can't side with Merchant. I am happy I don't have to see him around as much now. :camby:Good riddance. He like's those punching bag boxers that end up like Rocky movie but sh!t on the skilled boxers.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Floyd is big news across the pond, probably more popular there than here :francis:
Tbh i think he really enjoys the UK media and gives them the time of day whereas he'd fob off other media because everyone from pundits to boxers to analysts give him an incredible amount of respect. I've personally never ever seen a uk pundit make a slick comment about him. Floyd must not be used to that kind of treatment :mjcry:

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
I don't fancy myself as an "expert" so I'm asking here rather than silly ass Twitter. If the fight goes the distance and is close they wouldn't pull a Tim Bradley v Manny on Floyd would they?

Conventional wisdom states that in close fights Vegas judges like the fighter that's on the front foot, engaging and pressing the action.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
That's the worst part of stare downs, these arm chair psychologists come out of the wood work. 'Look his finger twitched, he is shook'
The only people who know what's what in the staredown are the two guys looking each other in the eye. Everything else is speculation.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Tbh i think he really enjoys the UK media and gives them the time of day whereas he'd fob off other media because everyone from pundits to boxers to analysts give him an incredible amount of respect. I've personally never ever seen a uk pundit make a slick comment about him. Floyd must not be used to that kind of treatment :mjcry:

Well, they appreciate his fighting style, anytime dude has a fight on those cats on Boxnation go crazy and basically just say "brilliant" and "master class" all throughout the broadcast, they love Floyd :russ:

I mean look at this -

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
CD9ChNYWYAA0F2z.jpg

11011049_1124154694270038_4593839622565775446_n.jpg

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i dont think manny was shook either
i think hes just happy to get paid
win or lose hes good so he don't care
and thats gonna be his downfall
floyd wants it more

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
I see the propaganda about Pac being so small so I thought I'd drop some knowledge.

Pac was draining to make 135/130. He was already coming into the ring 147-150.
pac.png

While FMJ fighting at 135 he was coming in at 138
mula.png

And while fighting at WW, 2 divisions above 135. He was only 146 against Judah
tumblr_mmvk81tD1m1qbfejao1_1280.gif

Which is still a pound less than what Pacquiao weighed for the fight against Diaz at 135.

Pac-Morales 3, Pac came in the ring 144, while fighting at 130
morales.png

Floyd-Corrales, Floyd came in 136, fighting at 130
MayCorrales.png

Pacquiao moving up to 147 wasn't that big of a deal because he was already that big. Which is why he didn't need a C/W against Cotto or Oscar.

dlhp.png

Against De La Hoya he was 148. He could have fought De La Hoya with his same training regimen he used at 135, and he would more likely than not still come in with a slight weight advantage. His fight weight at Lightweight, and his "first fight" at Welterweight are the same. Which means he didn't put on any size when he was moving up, he just dehydrated less, while Oscar was in full corpse mode

Now let this sink in.

Floyd came in the ring 148, fighting at Junior Middleweight.
Pac came in the ring 147 fighting at Lightweight.

That's a 1 pound difference between 3 divisions. Pac isn't THAT SMALL. and in some alternate universe where Pacquiao and Floyd met at 135, 130, or 140, Pacquiao would have a solid weight advantage. Maybe around 10 pounds.

147 is the only weight where he and Pac would be equal. Floyd was 148 against Maidana, and Pac was 150 against Bradley.

And for those who say "Floyd is taller, so he is bigger" I say to you, that if Pacquiao has been coming in the ring 145-150 since his days at 130. And Floyd has always been within 5 pounds of the weight he's fighting at, that would mean that even though Floyd is taller, Pacquiao has more more muscle mass. A Lightweight Floyd came into the ring 138. A lightweight Pacquiao came in the ring 148.

Just a quick analysis I thought I would offer. Don't crucify me :whoa:

Pacquiao is arguably the naturally bigger man. Floyd had to add on the weight through time.

Im not arguing that Floyd is smaller right now. Floyd has put on his weight through training. As a 25 year old man he was coming into the ring 136.

As a 25 year old man Pac was coming into the ring 148. Pac has stopped growing.

Floyd has had to actually work to move through weight classes.

They are the same size now.

People forget that Pac was probably malnourished in his 105 days. He probably wasn't even a natural 105. I heard he had it hard coming up. Him being 105 probably had a lot to do with him not eating very well. Floyd was 106 as an american teenager. Who ate well.

It's not that hard to imagine that Pac is NATURALLY bigger. And had he had an average American upbringing he probably wouldn't have even been 105 pounds at that age.

No matter your god gifted genetics, you still need to fuel yourself. And I think once he was able to, he just got bigger. Like he would have been had he ate well.

Poverty in the Philippines is different than poverty in the US.

Guy Incognito

Homer? Who is Homer?
Daps
I don't fancy myself as an "expert" so I'm asking here rather than silly ass Twitter. If the fight goes the distance and is close they wouldn't pull a Tim Bradley v Manny on Floyd would they?
if this fight is remotely close.. they will give the fight to manny

apart from bias.. objectivity is difficult when the entire stadium cheers and hollers whenever manny grazes floyd

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well, they appreciate his fighting style, anytime dude has a fight on those cats on Boxnation go crazy and basically just say "brilliant" and "master class" all throughout the broadcast, they love Floyd :russ:

I mean look at this -

I'm from the UK brah...i know all this :myman:

I actually felt sorry for my american bredrins when i would rewatch floyd fights and listen to biased commentary...sh1t would have me like :why::dahell: