Pacquiao vs Mayweather Official Thread...May 2nd!!!

Who takes this fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
J. Prince:demonic:

Floyd Mayweather-Mike Tyson feud dates back to police raid
By Josh Peter, Martin Rogers and Jon Saraceno April 30, 2015 9:39 pm

ap_mike_tyson-prisoner_re-entry_boxing_720637181.jpg

Mike Tyson told USA TODAY Sports of Floyd Mayweather: “You can forgive, but you have to remember.”

LAS VEGAS — A longtime friend of Mike Tyson said the retired heavyweight champion’s critical comments about Floyd Mayweather Jr. stem in part from Tyson being told by several people that it was Mayweather who instructed a woman in 2001 to falsely report to police that Tyson had kidnapped her and sexually assaulted her — allegations that prompted police to raid his home.

Tyson created a stir Wednesday when he showed up for the final Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao news conference at MGM Grand and called Mayweather “very delusional.”

When asked about Mayweather’s claim that Mayweather was better than Muhammad Ali, Tyson said, “He’s a very small, scared man.”

As the news conference was about to begin, when Tyson was told he could move to the front four rows of the theater, he looked in the direction of Mayweather and said, “I try to stay as far away from dirt as possible.”

Darryl Francis, a former Tyson assistant who says he was living with him at the time of the 2001 raid, told USA TODAY Sports on Thursday that he thinks the incident was a factor in the shots Tyson has taken at Mayweather, who faces Pacquiao on Saturday at Garden Arena.

Tyson confirmed Thursday to USA TODAY Sports that he had been told Mayweather was involved in the 2001 matter. “Some serious people said it,” he said, adding he does not have evidence to prove the allegation. “I’m good with it now. … You can forgive, but you have to remember.”

Mayweather did not respond to requests for comment.

Efforts to reach the woman who filed the report, including leaving a message on a cellphone listed in her name and leaving messages with two phone numbers listed as belonging to her relatives, were unsuccessful. Pamela McGregor, one of the woman’s aunts reached by phone, said of the allegations, “A lot of that I know, but I don’t want to tell it. I would rather her tell her own story.”

Officer Laura Meltzer, a spokeswoman for the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, confirmed that no charges were filed in the case. She said she did not have immediate access to records that might show if police were aware of the allegations that Mayweather was involved.

The alleged victim reported Tyson twice sexually assaulted her and wouldn’t let her leave his Las Vegas residence, according to an incident report taken Sept. 21, 2001, by Las Vegas police.

Tyson wrote about it in his 2013 autobiography, Undisputed Truth, saying the search lasted 12 hours. “They began to tear my house apart — room by room, box by box, paper by paper,” he wrote.

Tyson said in the book that he got a call from a “record producer friend” from Houston who told him the alleged victim had been dating another “very prominent boxer.”

Tyson wrote that the record producer said the other boxer was furious upon learning Tyson had been with the woman and told her to go to police to report that Tyson had kidnapped her against her will.

Before the raid on the house, Mayweather would visit Tyson’s home a few times a year, according to Francis.

“They were cool,” Francis said. “Floyd would come over and hang out and see what it’s like to be around a guy with the mansion and the Rolls-Royces.”

Francis said Tyson’s friendship with Mayweather ended abruptly after the police raid.

Asked if he used to be friends with Mayweather, Tyson said, “I don’t know. The definition of friends is very tricky with me. The understanding of it is cloudy.”
Francis said he met Tyson about two decades ago when Francis owned a car wash and carpet-cleaning businesses and Tyson used his services. Francis said he is now a limousine driver for Caesars Palace.
Of Francis, Tyson said, “That’s a good person. He’s special.”

Floyd is always jealous:snoop:

Tyson in the cut is a scary sight:demonic:
This hear is some real fukked up shyt. :scust:

80s Mike would have murked Floyd off GP. fukk the consequences.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
None of that was true. Mike been a close friend to Floyd until something happened lately

Come on now, the two have been close since then and this "feud" didn't really start until this yr

How can yall say that when Tyson himself confirmed it though

Tyson confirmed Thursday to USA TODAY Sports that he had been told Mayweather was involved in the 2001 matter. “Some serious people said it,” he said, adding he does not have evidence to prove the allegation. “I’m good with it now. … You can forgive, but you have to remember.”

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
This hear is some real fukked up shyt. :scust:

80s Mike would have murked Floyd off GP. fukk the consequences.

He was gonna give it to Michael Jordan at his peak of popularity...he would've had ZERO issues with fukking Floyd up. Especially with Floyd being a fellow Boxer:wow:

Daps
on his way to the biggest fight in the past 20 years and still wanna jab @Black_Jesus in the nose

man, you need to go back to the broken English Waren. Your posts were pure comedy

I've been taking more care when typing on my phone, but I'll see what I can do come fight night Breh.

:lolbron:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
- Floyd intentionally keeps Floyd Sr. out of the spotlight.

:pacspit: Aside from the training vids which are always dope Roger and Sr are the real stars of 24/7 All access :pacspit: @ Floyd for this

- Mauro Ranalo will do the international broadcast alongside Andre Ward. (The domestic broadcast is the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico. All other locations will get the international broadcast).

:russ: at the Eurocacs having to hear the Slayer of Eurocacs on play by play

#SOGGang :sog:

Last edited:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Mike Tyson regrets 'small scared little man' comments about Floyd Mayweather
By Nate Wilcox@KidNate on May 1, 2015, 1:27p 6

GettyImages-468087526.0.jpg

Kevin Winter/Getty Images

The legendary boxer says he did not "want to disrespect Mayweather" or distract from the "great economic surge" that Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is generating for Las Vegas.

Mike Tyson got a considerable bit of attention earlier this week when he angrily responded to Floyd Mayweather comparing himself to Muhammad Ali by saying, "He's very delusional. Listen, if he was anywhere near the realm of greatness of Ali, he would be able to take his kids to school by himself. ... He can't take his kids to school by himself, he's a little scared man. He's a very small, scared man."

With the media focus on this weekend's Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao super fight, these comments drew a lot of heat.

After fading the backlash from that comment, Tyson took to Instagram to clear the air.

"An article circulated today, which referenced an incident that happened to me many years ago. It was released without my consent or endorsement. It inferred that I had animosity towards Floyd Mayweather Jr. because of something that happened many years ago. This entire article is speculation and it's unfortunate that it would be released at all, especially the day before the biggest fight in decades.

"I have no ill will towards Mayweather and have a great deal of respect for his discipline in and out of the ring. He's proven he is one of the greatest athletes of all time and will go down in history as such. Things got blown out of proportion when I was interviewed the other day about a comment Mayweather made stating he was greater than Ali. I disagree and personally found it insulting because of the love and admiration I have for Muhammad Ali. I thought it was inappropriate to make that kind of reference especially because Ali has done so much, not just in the sport of boxing but for humanity as a whole.

"In retrospect, I wish I had exercised better discernment in my response because in no way did I want to disrespect Mayweather. The focus should be on the May 2nd bout and the great economic surge this event is generating for the city of Las Vegas. I sincerely wish Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao the best of luck on Saturday night's historical event."

The article in question appears to be this from Boxing Junkie which claims that "A longtime friend of Mike Tyson said the retired heavyweight champion's critical comments about Floyd Mayweather Jr. stem in part from Tyson being told by several people that it was Mayweather who instructed a woman in 2001 to falsely report to police that Tyson had kidnapped her and sexually assaulted her — allegations that prompted police to raid his home."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/5/1...small-scared-little-man-comments-muhammad-ali

Maizeandbluekid

Early 2010's OG
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Well, brehs, it's finally arrived. After what's been building and building for years and years, we are now 24 hours away from, in the words of when Will Smith played Ali, "A historical and a momentous night." From both fanbases stanning and fronting, media and experts and legends and commentators making their picks, all that's left is the weigh in and the fight.

As for me, since I'm not paying no $100 to watch this on PPV (A brother got bills & rent to pay, lol), I'm just going to be at a local Wings Tavern that will be showing the fight. I'll enjoy some wings, a tasty beverage and just enjoy the moment and the spectacle with my fellow fight fans.

As for who I think will win... it's difficult. The styles alone speak for themselves, as does the fighters. I am nowhere near a fan of the shyt Floyd does out of the ring, and truth be told, I want to see him get the ass whooping he so richly (IMO) deserves. I want him to feel as helpless as every woman he's battered and abused. But truth be told, there is no denying that the cat is talented, god gifted and a surefire hall of famer for a reason.

It's like what Oscar said in the Legends Speak vid: "Head says Mayweather, [Heart] says Pacquiao."

I predict that the fight will go the full twelve, and while I will root for Pacquiao, I think Mayweather wins a close and some would say controversial split decision, 115-113. However, if Pacquiao scores a knockdown at ANY point... :lupe:

Let's enjoy this transcending moment for boxing, brehs.

DRINK UP, BE MERRY! :blessed:

EDIT: OK, I flip flopped on my pick, so I'll be a man of my word and stick with the pick I made in the poll. I'll probably go down with the ship, but I'll say Pacquiao wins, via the same scores and method I posted originally. I just get the eerie inkling feeling that we're gonna see a rematch in September, despite what Floyd has recently said publicly.

:manny:

Last edited: