Pacquiao vs Mayweather Official Thread...May 2nd!!!

Who takes this fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FUPA

#LWO
Daps
Reppin
Lakers, Dodgers
honestly for you non big bettors. Do a parlay on bovado pac win + over 11 1/2 rounds + pac by decision + fight going the distance + either fighter by decision bet threw 20$ at it for a 500+ payout if it lands. :yeshrug:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I wonder who's the producer from houston

J. Prince:demonic:

Floyd Mayweather-Mike Tyson feud dates back to police raid
By Josh Peter, Martin Rogers and Jon Saraceno April 30, 2015 9:39 pm

ap_mike_tyson-prisoner_re-entry_boxing_720637181.jpg

Mike Tyson told USA TODAY Sports of Floyd Mayweather: “You can forgive, but you have to remember.”

LAS VEGAS — A longtime friend of Mike Tyson said the retired heavyweight champion’s critical comments about Floyd Mayweather Jr. stem in part from Tyson being told by several people that it was Mayweather who instructed a woman in 2001 to falsely report to police that Tyson had kidnapped her and sexually assaulted her — allegations that prompted police to raid his home.

Tyson created a stir Wednesday when he showed up for the final Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao news conference at MGM Grand and called Mayweather “very delusional.”

When asked about Mayweather’s claim that Mayweather was better than Muhammad Ali, Tyson said, “He’s a very small, scared man.”

As the news conference was about to begin, when Tyson was told he could move to the front four rows of the theater, he looked in the direction of Mayweather and said, “I try to stay as far away from dirt as possible.”

Darryl Francis, a former Tyson assistant who says he was living with him at the time of the 2001 raid, told USA TODAY Sports on Thursday that he thinks the incident was a factor in the shots Tyson has taken at Mayweather, who faces Pacquiao on Saturday at Garden Arena.

Tyson confirmed Thursday to USA TODAY Sports that he had been told Mayweather was involved in the 2001 matter. “Some serious people said it,” he said, adding he does not have evidence to prove the allegation. “I’m good with it now. … You can forgive, but you have to remember.”

Mayweather did not respond to requests for comment.

Efforts to reach the woman who filed the report, including leaving a message on a cellphone listed in her name and leaving messages with two phone numbers listed as belonging to her relatives, were unsuccessful. Pamela McGregor, one of the woman’s aunts reached by phone, said of the allegations, “A lot of that I know, but I don’t want to tell it. I would rather her tell her own story.”

Officer Laura Meltzer, a spokeswoman for the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, confirmed that no charges were filed in the case. She said she did not have immediate access to records that might show if police were aware of the allegations that Mayweather was involved.

The alleged victim reported Tyson twice sexually assaulted her and wouldn’t let her leave his Las Vegas residence, according to an incident report taken Sept. 21, 2001, by Las Vegas police.

Tyson wrote about it in his 2013 autobiography, Undisputed Truth, saying the search lasted 12 hours. “They began to tear my house apart — room by room, box by box, paper by paper,” he wrote.

Tyson said in the book that he got a call from a “record producer friend” from Houston who told him the alleged victim had been dating another “very prominent boxer.”

Tyson wrote that the record producer said the other boxer was furious upon learning Tyson had been with the woman and told her to go to police to report that Tyson had kidnapped her against her will.

Before the raid on the house, Mayweather would visit Tyson’s home a few times a year, according to Francis.

“They were cool,” Francis said. “Floyd would come over and hang out and see what it’s like to be around a guy with the mansion and the Rolls-Royces.”

Francis said Tyson’s friendship with Mayweather ended abruptly after the police raid.

Asked if he used to be friends with Mayweather, Tyson said, “I don’t know. The definition of friends is very tricky with me. The understanding of it is cloudy.”
Francis said he met Tyson about two decades ago when Francis owned a car wash and carpet-cleaning businesses and Tyson used his services. Francis said he is now a limousine driver for Caesars Palace.
Of Francis, Tyson said, “That’s a good person. He’s special.”

Floyd is always jealous:snoop:

Tyson in the cut is a scary sight:demonic:

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
In two hours I depart for Vegas...

To all my coli OG ring heads who been on this ride since the :hamster: days I :salute: you...Dont need to name names yall know who you are...We came along way brehs, argued and discussed this fight for half a decade...Its finally upon us and its going to be glorious...

Make sure Pinoy Jesus gets that work on May 3rd...I may need some comedy to read on my flight back...

on his way to the biggest fight in the past 20 years and still wanna jab @Black_Jesus in the nose

Yeah I'm surprised by how many people in his camp are saying knock out.

man, you need to go back to the broken English Waren. Your posts were pure comedy

They want you and the public to drink the kool aid... that Floyd has become this killer and is going for the knockout :mjlol: okay

We will see tomorrow

not me..notice no one was saying that nonsense after when i broke down what the shoulder roll was..except @LeVraiPapi but only because he didnt like me using berto as example of a shoulder roll fail against a southie :lolbron:

Berto is still a top dog at 147 and all of y all said Lopez was gonna beat him

I wonder who's the producer from houston

None of that was true. Mike been a close friend to Floyd until something happened lately

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Dan Rafael chat wrap 5/1:

Mayweather vs. Pacquiao:
- Believes Pacquiao needs to start fast and win some rounds. If Mayweather wins rounds early, it could be an insurmountable lead.
- Fighting off the ropes would be a bad strategy vs. Pacquiao.
- It is a buyer's market for tickets/hotels right now. Tomorrow prices should go down more.
- Manny's contract with the commission says he is being paid $25 million and is not real, he is guaranteed much more. Floyd's has not been submitted yet.
- If Manny were to knock Floyd down it would probably be the loudest single moment in a boxing arena.
- Floyd's gloves have not arrived. Freddie wants to see them and approve. Manny's gloves have already been approved. Floyd will wear Grant's and Manny will wear Reyes.
- Wouldn't be surprised if a corner stopped the fight if it was too one sided.
- Over/under 3.5 million PPV buys? Not sure. The TV guys are really monitoring the situation are seeing a lot of early buys. They don't know what it means. Are people buying early or is it going to be just that amazingly huge. They believe if they hit a certain number today they can expect over 3 million buys. He asked one TV guy if it could do over 4 million and he said by what they are seeing so far he wouldn't be surprised.
- A person in the middle of the negotiations between the TV networks says this is the most dysfunctional thing he has ever seen. The networks are arguing over everything. Espinoza and Herschman are still battling over the broadcast team. Espinoza wants Malignaggi involved and Herschman says, absolutely not.
- The broadcast team will be: Lampley, RJJ, and Bernstein calling the fight. Max and Gray interviewing their network fighters, Lederman and Farhood both scoring the fight, Buffer and Lennon sharing announcer duties, and James Brown as the broadcast host. Just confirmed that joining Brown will be Malignaggi and Lennox Lewis. Showtime didn't want Lennox and HBO didn't want Malignaggi...so both are on.
- Mauro Ranalo will do the international broadcast alongside Andre Ward. (The domestic broadcast is the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico. All other locations will get the international broadcast).
- The undercard is garbage. Grades it an F.
- If Floyd were to win and decide to fight again in September, he believes Thurman is the leading candidate.
- Freddie says Manny has been drug tested 12 times. Mayweather's camp has not said the official number he has been tested. The USADA does like to test both fighters about the same amount.
- PPV begins at 9 pm ET, promoters said the main event will not begin introductions until at least 11 pm ET.
- Since 2009 when the fight was first rumored, he has always felt that Mayweather wins via 12 round decision.
- The fight actually is bigger now than it would have been in 2010 and 2011.
- More surprising: if Mayweather gets knocked out early, or dominated for 12 rounds? Dominated for 12 rounds.
- Arum does not believe this is the biggest fight of all time. Times were different. Imagine Ali-Frazier, Leonard-Duran 1, Hagler-Hearns, Hagler-Leonard in today's environment with PPV and social media.
- Floyd was asked about going 50-0: He said he doesn't care about it. It is the writer's who care.
- Scored Mayweather-JLC 1 a draw.
- Floyd intentionally keeps Floyd Sr. out of the spotlight.
- Could see the fight being a majority draw.
- Expects Manny to weigh in under 147 and Floyd to make weight as usual.
- Expectations are that a between $50-80 million will be wagered in Nevada on this fight, a record.