Overwatch League.. the next step in "e-sports" - $4.5 million tournament winning

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Love that they're trying to actually legitimize esports but overwatch aint the right game for that

Agreed. Even though I think the game is relatively shytty overall, the key component for ease of viewing is sorely lost on OW.

I find CS boring too, but it is WAY more accessible than OW is for viewers. Plays better too.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Agreed. Even though I think the game is relatively shytty overall, the key component for ease of viewing is sorely lost on OW.

I find CS boring too, but it is WAY more accessible than OW is for viewers. Plays better too.

30 million views for stage 1 :umad:

New York vs London top 2 seeds going at it now :wow: both teams too good

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
Yup. It's terrible for spectators, and i genuinely lost interest once they went wijth region based teams

What do you mean region based teams? Like representing certain cities or the players on teams?

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
What do you mean region based teams? Like representing certain cities or the players on teams?
Yeah. Instead of using established orgs, they had them buy in, but create new region based teams.

So optic gaming had to be the Houston Outlaws

NV is Dallas fuel

Cloud 9 is london whatever
Etc

I just dont care

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
Yeah. Instead of using established orgs, they had them buy in, but create new region based teams.

NV is Dallas fuel

Etc

I just dont care

Yeah I feel you there. I was always a fan of Lunatic Hai so I think it's cool that they kept together.

It will start shaking up soon with free agents and shyt. But I honestly think it's better for the moment that teams stayed together for the teamwork. I find most matches enjoyable to watch.

The parity is actually better than I thought too, most people felt Seoul would just run through everyone, but when the top teams get together the shyt is really competitive (see NY/London earlier today).

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

NV is Dallas fuel

Etc

I just dont care

this seems like a really petty reason to be uninterested in something

because the name of the teams is different :mjlol:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Back in the day we used to swing Nintendo controllers at each other for stealing "guys" in Contra...

Would happen because nobody wanted to sit and watch the other dude play...

Now people actually want to watch others play games and they make millions off it? :what:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Back in the day we used to swing Nintendo controllers at each other for stealing "guys" in Contra...

Would happen because nobody wanted to sit and watch the other dude play...

Now people actually want to watch others play games and they make millions off it? :what:

People weren't doing competitive Contra with millions of dollars on the line. The comparison is goofy.

Its no different than watching any other sport. These players pull shyt off that you can't pure and simple...go look and some of that Widowmaker play from cats like Pine and tell me you doing shyt like that consistently.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
People weren't doing competitive Contra with millions of dollars on the line. The comparison is goofy.

Its no different than watching any other sport. These players pull shyt off that you can't pure and simple...go look and some of that Widowmaker play from cats like Pine and tell me you doing shyt like that consistently.
I'm never going to be able to watch somebody play video games...

Don't care how good they are, I always want to be the one with the controller...

That's how its been since I was a kid, hence why I brought up Contra...

Props to those making money off this though...

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I'm never going to be able to watch somebody play video games...

Don't care how good they are, I always want to be the one with the controller...

That's how its been since I was a kid, hence why I brought up Contra...

Props to those making money off this though...

That's fair. I felt the same way until I watched EVO streamed like 5 years ago. From there I was hooked. I can watch any FGC event, OWL and even some PUBG. What I CAN'T get into is CS:Go for the life of me I cannot seem to get any entertainment out of it.