Overwatch League.. the next step in "e-sports" - $4.5 million tournament winning

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Blizzard (a very rich company) is now taking the next step in e-sports.

WELCOME TO THE OVERWATCH LEAGUE
The Overwatch League, the first major global esports league with city-based teams, was designed to celebrate the best of the best in the hit Blizzard Entertainment title Overwatch. Our goal is to create the world’s premier esports league, where teams and players thrive for years to come.

Theres 12 teams, 10 players per team. Rumor is that each player has a $50-300k salary (we know Sinatra salary is $150k per year). aka Blizzard is cashing out. But they are smart, they'll make 10x back from selling team skins.

They offer health care, retirement and base salaries.

With a USD $50,000 minimum base salary, healthcare and retirement savings plans, and housing provided during the season, the Overwatch League's pro players are able to pursue a sustainable career that celebrates their passion, dedication, and skill.

Prepare to meet the next generation of esports superstars.

Bigger "E-League" teams have had salaries + winning %'s to top players/teams always but they were individual.

As far as I know this is the first gaming company sponsored event where they are paying the salaries of players.

The goal is to make this like the NBA, NFL, etc.

Currently 170,000 people are tuned in to watch the 1st game (San Francisco Shock vs Los Angeles Valiant). as I type this.

Schedules, arenas, announcers, etc..

The Overwatch League

Todays schedule:
San Francisco Shock vs Los Angeles Valiant (4 pm PST)
Shanghai Dragons vs Los Angeles Gladiators (6 pm PST)
Dallas Fuel vs Seoul Dynasty (8 pm PST)

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Gonna try to get into this. The only Esport I messed with were street fighter and star craft.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
300k viewers blizzard dont do em like this :damn:

Gonna try to get into this. The only Esport I messed with were street fighter and star craft.

Starcraft had a great run, longevity was key for its success. But nothing as big as this. This production is crazy :damn:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
300k viewers blizzard dont do em like this :damn:

Starcraft had a great run, longevity was key for its success. But nothing as big as this. This production is crazy :damn:

It's not easy to follow the action because it can take place on so many different fronts. It's almost impossible to follow what each hero is doing.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
nearing 400k viewers :damn:

It's not easy to follow the action because it can take place on so many different fronts. It's almost impossible to follow what each hero is doing.

thats why the team colors because its even harder to follow without them with standard skins

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Blizzard is really trying to make its e-gaming big.
Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch, and etc.
Over the summer I was watching the league play and tourny play on Disney Extreme.