"Outkast is bigger and better than Run DMC" - Big Gipp

Daps
Who from that era was better?.
PE, KRS, De La Soul, EPMD, LL etc etc
Who from that era had a bigger impact other than LL?.
:what:
Only in rap is a legendary group shytted on to elevate some new group..

WHERE THE fukk AM I shytTIN ON RUN DMC?

Outkast were dope. But they didn't have more of an impact than DMC You have not proved your case.

Where did I say that Outkast had more impact?

Do you even know what you're arguing at this point?

Daps
Nice reach. but who is still bumping Kast?
Reach?

:wtf:

You made that stupid ass post like dudes are still bumpin Run DMC, else why the hell else would you even make that statement?

Outkast been selling out shows with their reunion over the past six months.

And how the hell can you say their music has aged horribly when you didn't even like it in the first place?

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville

Love them all, but not the same impact.

WHERE THE fukk AM I shytTIN ON RUN DMC?
By saying Kast had more of an impact.

Where did I say that Outkast had more impact?
You clearly argued that they were more influential.

Do you even know what you're arguing at this point?

Reach?

You made that stupid ass post like dudes are still bumpin Run DMC, else why the hell else would you even make that statement?

And how the hell can you say their music has aged horribly when you didn't even like it in the first place?

Who ever said I didn't like them. I have all of their work.

I loved Kast from their debut. I put many people, including my first fiance/love on them. They were huge for their era.
still I say no. try again.Run Dmc is more important to the game than Kast will ever be.

All of those groups were great. But Run Dmc paved the way. Pull up interviews of their influences.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Run DMC is the babe ruth of hip hop duos/groups...always gonna be revered as the best by many because they put it on the map, did amazing things at the time, changed the game, etc.

OutKast is the Barry Bonds of it...no matter what you say, they were the most talented, most gifted to ever do it, and pushed the boundaries of it with their ability.

:win:

this is too ridiculous. lol. where is all this tom-foolery coming from?

i remember outkast in their prime, and nobody was holding them anywhere near this high-regard that you dudes be talking in here 20 years later.

im not even gonna go back-n-forth and entertain the idea of them even being in the same room as run dmc. i mean, when did they leapfrog all the groups from their own era?

stop revising history. chit is disrespectful.

Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik - Platinum
ATLiens - 2x Platinum
Aquemini - 3x Platinum

Outkast were big before Stankonia even dropped.

The point is, just like the hipsters jumped on that wave, the RNR heads did the same with Run DMC. What you think their canon-footprint was made without the weight of white folk? Run DMC's impact is great and all, but don't throw this disingenuous diction of Outkast only gaining the same fame because a certain white sub-group jumped on the bandwagon against the wall, when Run DMC rose to fame off the very same thing - not to mention they had carte blanche with crossing-over too, since they were the first ones to do it, there wasn't any other acts where folk could scale them - even if they were wack they still would've sold records.

Run DMC hit superstar status with Walk This Way/ Raising Hell
Outkast hit superstar status off Stankonia.

Like I said it's a similar thing. :manny:

man you have no clue what youre talking about.

run dmc were already superstars before walk this way/raising hell.

the other difference is that when outkast became superstars, hip-hop didnt care.

:laff: at @Art Barr saying that Kast never rhymed on Run DMC's level, ever.

:beli:
:mjlol:

Just because Run DMC may or not have paved the way for Outkast, it doesn't mean that run DMC has better music

run dmc made WAY BETTER music.

this thread is ridiculous.

:huh: I didn't fall back from anything...he broke shyt down and didn't confirm what u was saying tho...which Outkast bit off of Arrested Development...they bit off Souls of Mischief...which I never denied in the first place...them biting off Souls of Mischief does not connect them with Arrested Development...it would make more sense if u said they were connected to Tribe Called Quest..if u know anything about the history of our debates we not gonna convince each other bro...so it is what it is...lol

oh, so now you admit that they jocked souls of mischief style with no problem huh? you just agreed with him like its nothing. but you argued me down for pages. i cant get a thank you, a sorry, a dap or nothing. SMH.

he basically said exactly what i was saying. i never said outkast bit AD. i said they rode their wave.

history shows that our debates consist of you either taking my posts out of context or you just completely not comprehending my posts and arguing me down about stuff that i never said.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
@Wacky D Answer this, why dont Run or DMC's names ever come up as hip hops greatest MC's or lyricists, but 3 stack does? :patrice:

Why don't Run or DMC's names ever come up when Kane, rakim or G rap come up :francis:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
@Wacky D also answer this - how much sleep have you lost over the last 5 years due to trolling the living shyt out of OutKast??

none.

outkast is never even a topic when i log off of here.

dont be mad cuz i just left you speechless. just take your L and move along.

none of them were from the same era as run dmc, except LL halfway.

btw, de la soul & epmd over run dmc is some new chit. but then again, that comment actually looks practical in comparison to the thread title.

@Wacky D Answer this, why dont Run or DMC's names ever come up as hip hops greatest MC's or lyricists, but 3 stack does? :patrice:

Why don't Run or DMC's names ever come up when Kane, rakim or G rap come up :francis:

run dmc always comes up amongst greatest emcees. they may not come up in your presence because youre young & ignorant.

3 stacks only comes up in greatest conversations on the television and the internet.:laugh: i dont even hear that talk when im down south.

also, keep in mind, run dmc was a group. a team effort. theyre not gonna get the same type props singularly as a rakim, kane or g.rap.

Arrested development feel? So Elevators sounds like Mr Wendall to you? Bombs over Baghdad sounds like Tennessee? Get outta here with that.

Pac was putting them on the One Nation album, they were highly respected. It's you who is being revisionist. Easily one of the biggest groups.

i see the arrested development comment is going over alot of heads. thats not my problem tho.

i never said outkast wasnt respected. is there no in-between for you people?

LOL. there were TONS of other rappers that were slated to be on "one nation". alot of them, this board doesnt give a rats ass about.:laugh: ever since yall recently found out that kast was supposed to be on there ALL LATE, this board has been acting like an invite on that album was a rights of passage to the rap hall of fame.

he's wrong as fukk about the shyt fam and he keep on pushing it...lol...trust me fam..there's no musical resemblance...he's lumping Souls of Mischief and Arrested Development together which is stupid..lol..

nah breh. THIS POST is stupid.

i never lumped SOM & AD together.

:snoop:

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
when a rapper tries to vouch for their man's crew, you'll never hear them saying "insert group is bigger & better than outkast".

why? because that chit will get you nowhere.

outkast wasnt even tops from THEIR ERA. in there prime, they were stuck behind a handful of groups. they werent even the top group in their own lane!!!!! but now theyre bigger & better than run dmc?

MAN GET THE F*CK OUTTA HERE. this is why outkast gets the eminem treatment.

the hip-hop community is not checkin for it.

all that hype & promotion, yet the only live crowd they probably pulled for that tour was in atlanta.

a bunch of incent-burners & hipsters. no bad broads to pull. no thurl niccas. NOTHIN.:scust:

Last edited: