Outkast is better than Mobb Deep - Joe Budden

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
That was NWA actually years before Mobb came out.
And Ms. Jackson, Elevators, Hey Ya, I Like The Way You Move were as big if not bigger than Shook Ones Part 2.
[/QUOTE]

BZZZZZZZZT wrong.

You seriously telling me you gonna go where some actual Black people are and they will want to hear I Like The Way You Move or Hey Ya over Shook Ones?

Even Ms Jackson, Elevators, Rosa Parks, Bombs Over Baghdad or whatever...

Just imagine it for a minute. The local barbershop full of dudes that may or may not be a foot or two in the streets. And here you come with Hey Ya.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
And Ms. Jackson, Elevators, Hey Ya, I Like The Way You Move were as big if not bigger than Shook Ones Part 2.
NWA weren’t the first to do that. And Mobb took it to the apex anyhow.
You keep talking about bigger but that’s not the discussion. Vanilla Ice was bigger than Rakim.
[/QUOTE]
OK, "the apex" whatever that is.
In whatever sense you are talking Outkast has records to match.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I was responding to his post that no one cared about OutKast until Hey Ya. Obviously that’s not the case because SPCM went platinum, Atliens went double platinum, Aquameni went triple and Stankonia went Quadruple.

I fukk with the Mobb, but their subject matter is too limited to fukk with Kast. Plus they fell off after Murda Muzic in all honesty.
Mobb’s subject matter is broader than Outkast. They have songs about shooting you to death and stabbing you to death.
Kast fell off after Aquemini.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
NWA weren’t the first to do that. And Mobb took it to the apex anyhow.
You keep talking about bigger but that’s not the discussion. Vanilla Ice was bigger than Rakim.
OK, "the apex" whatever that is.
In whatever sense you are talking Outkast has records to match.
[/QUOTE]
Kast has violent street shyt to match Mobb?
Ok. Post the violent street shyt Kast record matching Shook Ones Pt 2.

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
I got nothing but the utmost respect for OutKast, they are definitely legends to me as well, but outside of a few songs,I just could never quite get into their music like that.

I feel the Same way about ATCQ too.

I think it’s the overall lacking of that “street/hood” element in their music is the reason why for me personally.

so I wouldnt argue with anyone saying Outkast is better than Mobb Deep, but I will say that I like way more songs by them than OutKast.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

BZZZZZZZZT wrong.

You seriously telling me you gonna go where some actual Black people are and they will want to hear I Like The Way You Move or Hey Ya over Shook Ones?

Even Ms Jackson, Elevators, Rosa Parks, Bombs Over Baghdad or whatever...

Just imagine it for a minute. The local barbershop full of dudes that may or may not be a foot or two in the streets. And here you come with Hey Ya.
[/QUOTE]
I hang around my wife, aunts, uncles, cousins or other family members which is more often then I get my haircut the opposite applies. lol

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
both groups have multiple classic albums, both groups have two mcs that are quotable. Both groups have albums with dope beats. It becomes a matter of what a person prefers the most. Neither are wack, but outkast did more music that was acceptable by the mainstream (white people).

You guys got to stop getting riled up over the opinion of these shyt starting podcasters. They say shyt to get the people talking that creates views for their platforms. It's shock jock shyt. The same way we have a former NFL player and a kkrakker that has never accomplished anything in life talking about boxing, basketball and a bunch of sports they don't even have the simplest of knowledge about, and people tune in just to see the dumb shyt they will say next.

When all of this podcast bullshyt dries up and they have exhausted all of their hip hop controversial topics such as top 10 lists, ____ vs _____ debates, you will see the likes of akademics, nore, budden, and others get into the political field and continue to upset their unintelligent listeners.