Outkast is better than Mobb Deep - Joe Budden

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
He is better than Method man bar for bar stop it
Lmao!

Joe budden has zero tracks that have any cultural impact. People repeat the beat to pump it up more than the words. Noone can name a SINGLE LINE off that song and its been on nba replay for 20 years.

Vs

Method man. Who iced BIG so bad he had to rewrite his verse. Star of the greatest group of all time. Who are more popular now in their 50s damn near 60s than budden ever was

Method man does more with less. Joe budden takes 10 lines to say what meth can in 2. That isnt lyricism.

What a goddamned joke

This is a bannable offense right here.

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The funny thing about these dudes is that they put a whooooole lot of credence in Source magazine ratings when it's convenient. Any other time it's "ooohhhh Benzino and them was on some bullshyt"...

Mobb got like 2 albums better than ANY album Outkast put out. And I'm saying this as a Outkast fan, even though Andre is WILDLY overrated.

That is your opinion though. I don't understand the whole back and forth of whose catalog is better. Nobody's swaying anyone's opinion one way or another. It doesn't necessarily matter. It's Mobb fans that like Kast more in here that think Kast has better albums and there are Kast fans that like Mobb more in here that think Mobb has better albums. It is nothing more than preference

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How are Kast fans pretending Mobb Deep ended in '99? Mobb fans pretty much concede to Murda Muzik being the last great Mobb album.

What hit did Mobb Deep have in 2006?

Kast ended in 2004? This was their biggest year even though they dropped separate albums, it was still billed as OutKast.

And yes, there is a gap between Mobb and Kast. Taking nothing away from Mobb, but they don't exist as if one is at #3, then the other is at #2 or #4.

You could honestly say Run DMC, Public Enemy, Wu, NWA, and Tribe are the only groups or duos you could put above Kast. I think Chuck D once said Kast were GOAT.

OutKast's critical acclaim isn't limited to white people. That's like saying people only care about Mobb Deep because white people were introduced to them via "Shook Ones Pt. 2" being featured in 8 Mile.

Kast had 10 consecutive years of being impactful and they had the deck stacked against them. There weren't many successful Southern acts when they debuted in 1994. It was just Geto Boys/Scarface and Luke/2Live Crew and underground acts like Eightball & MJG and UGK. After Kast came out, we started seeing more Southern acts blow up.
And Outkast peaked with Aquemini. I know their commercial success went through the roof with Stankonia but longtime fans of Outkast didn’t fukk with that album as much as their earlier joints. It was less funky and more experimental. It catapulted them to superstardom but it doesn’t get the same love as ATLiens and Aquemini. And the double album was a hit thanks to “Hey Ya” but that album was a let down, especially for folks wanting a solo Andre album.

So yeah Mobb’s last great album was Murda Muzik, but Outkasts last great album was Aquemini. But they both continued to make good albums, but neither made great albums after that.

The difference is, Prodigy continued to make great solo albums. HNIC 1 and 2, Return Of The Mac, Albert Einstein. He kept the Mobb Deep legacy going. Big Boi did a couple nice joints but he never matched the Outkast level of shyt, and I say this as someone who always like Big Boi as much as Andre.

So yeah like I keep saying in this thread, if we include their solo albums Mobb blows Outkast away, but if we stick with just group albums, they both got 3 classics, so it’s really just about preference at that point.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And Outkast peaked with Aquemini. I know their commercial success went through the roof with Stankonia but longtime fans of Outkast didn’t fukk with that album as much as their earlier joints. It was less funky and more experimental. It catapulted them to superstardom but it doesn’t get the same love as ATLiens and Aquemini. And the double album was a hit thanks to “Hey Ya” but that album was a let down, especially for folks wanting a solo Andre album.

So yeah Mobb’s last great album was Murda Muzik, but Outkasts last great album was Aquemini. But they both continued to make good albums, but neither made great albums after that.

The difference is, Prodigy continued to make great solo albums. HNIC 1 and 2, Return Of The Mac, Albert Einstein. He kept the Mobb Deep legacy going. Big Boi did a couple nice joints but he never matched the Outkast level of shyt, and I say this as someone who always like Big Boi as much as Andre.

So yeah like I keep saying in this thread, if we include their solo albums Mobb blows Outkast away, but if we stick with just group albums, they both got 3 classics, so it’s really just about preference at that point.

Stankonia is a step down from the first three, but it is STILL a great album. Kast fans don't look at that album as a blemish in the way Mobb fans look at Infamy and Amerikaz Nightmare, and Blood Money.

And it is hypocritical to say Mobb didn't fall off and use the fact that Murda Muzik was their most successful album to justify it, but then completely dismiss Stankonia and Speakerboxxx/Love Below to say Kast fell off when those are their most successful albums.

Ya'll give "Hey Ya" too much credit. "The Way You Move" was also a #1 song. That song pushed that album as much as "Hey Ya" did.

And you are in error in saying Stankonia was any less funky than Aquemini or SPCM. It was their most experimental album up to that point, but it is probably the most Funk they had on any of their albums.

Breh, Prodigy's solo albums are solo albums. And NOTHING Prodigy did solo matched the level of Mobb Deep on any level.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stankonia is a step down from the first three, but it is STILL a great album. Kast fans don't look at that album as a blemish in the way Mobb fans look at Infamy and Amerikaz Nightmare, and Blood Money.

And it is hypocritical to say Mobb didn't fall off and use the fact that Murda Muzik was their most successful album to justify it, but then completely dismiss Stankonia and Speakerboxxx/Love Below to say Kast fell off when those are their most successful albums.

Ya'll give "Hey Ya" too much credit. "The Way You Move" was also a #1 song. That song pushed that album as much as "Hey Ya" did.

And you are in error in saying Stankonia was any less funky than Aquemini or SPCM. It was their most experimental album up to that point, but it is probably the most Funk they had on any of their albums.

Breh, Prodigy's solo albums are solo albums. And NOTHING Prodigy did solo matched the level of Mobb Deep on any level.
I disagree with pretty much everything you said

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
Both groups are my favorites !!!
However,
I'll go with Mobb Deep off the strength of Hell On Earth and the other unreleased gems over the years.

Sean7

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mobb Deep is my fave duo of all times and Infamous is my fave album....... However I love Outkast man, Southern, ATLiens and Aquemini are incredible albums and they switched their style up on every one of those and they were like nothing out there. Mobb Deep is my fave but I could say this answer going either way and there is really no wrong answer on this one, both are all time great duos.

Mystic

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Lmao!

Joe budden has zero tracks that have any cultural impact. People repeat the beat to pump it up more than the words. Noone can name a SINGLE LINE off that song and its been on nba replay for 20 years.

Vs

Method man. Who iced BIG so bad he had to rewrite his verse. Star of the greatest group of all time. Who are more popular now in their 50s damn near 60s than budden ever was

Method man does more with less. Joe budden takes 10 lines to say what meth can in 2. That isnt lyricism.

What a goddamned joke

This is a bannable offense right here.
fukk a cultural impact I said bar for bar tf you bringing up cultural impact for? Plus Method Man don't got a single project better than Mood Muzik

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
fukk a cultural impact I said bar for bar tf you bringing up cultural impact for? Plus Method Man don't got a single project better than Mood Muzik
Cause method man has actual songs people listen to.

Theres no better indication of being a lame than beint a joe budden fan. 100% every time. You can set a clock by it.

Tical is better than joe buddens life.

Like how do you NOT see hes a horrible rapper.

Everything else is opinion. But it is fact. Joe budden is TRASH

Watch the P video. You realize its glaringly obvious which is why P dying laughing on it right?

Joe budden is the literal line of how trash you can be and still get in the game. Hes on the edge of that cliff. Who raised yall

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So no classic songs or verses. You’re not arguing he has a classic album I presume? What about a classic quotable from Joe Buddens? I’m trying to understand how he could possibly be better than Method Man. He’s a footnote.
Because he's simply a better rapper. I don't think you wanna go song for song. I go as far as to say its not particularly close. The gap between Mobb Deep and OutKast is close. Its a toss up to me that Id give Kast the slight edge. Meth is dope but when Joe is on its just a different level of bars/ song writing. And Mood Musik and All love lost are classics in my eyes.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Because he's simply a better rapper. I don't think you wanna go song for song. I go as far as to say its not particularly close. The gap between Mobb Deep and OutKast is close. Its a toss up to me that Id give Kast the slight edge. Meth is dope but when Joe is on its just a different level of bars/ song writing. And Mood Musik and All love lost are classics in my eyes.

Didn't these Mood Muzic joints drop around the time he is getting slapped on video by Randsom and Raekwon is having his team use him as a punching bag? I never heard 1 of these albums because dude was such an embarrassing figure off the mic. He couldn't be taken seriously. lol

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People really think Joe Budden is better than Method Man.

Wow. Just Wow. This is one of the instances where people place 100% of a rapper's skillset on lyrics. Method Man's flow and delivery >>>>>> Joe Budden. All Joe has going for him are lyrics. Method Man is legit dope acapella. Joe Budeen needs beats. Great beats at that.

Method Man is just a naturally talented rapper who could make anything sound interesting because the flow and delivery. His charisma also carries over in the mic.