Oscar watch...Dicaprio to play Ulysses S. Grant...SpielBerg directing....

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

giphy.gif

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The problem with all biopics, or at least the trap, is they can boring as hell and paint by numbers. Like Gandi, for example, always feels like someone telling a storybook version of the man rather than it being a movie truly about him.

Lincoln worked for me because it didn’t try to tell his life story. It told one specific thing in his life and what that was like. On the flip side, Notorious tried to boil Biggie down into two hours and that shyt didn’t work. It’s another reason Straight Outta Compton is as dope as it is because it doesn’t try to tell the life story of every single member of NWA from the womb to the tomb.
SOC was really great the first half.

That 2nd half though turned into a mediocre paint by numbers biopic

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
SOC was really great the first half.

That 2nd half though turned into a mediocre paint by numbers biopic

And I tend to agree with that. Second half was rushed rushed rushed. I still think it’s a great flick tho but it has its issues. I can overlook the second half being rushed because the first half was so damn good.

And I love it despite it making it seem like dre was a blessed saint, worthy of being the next pope

Daps
I was just talking to somebody about how like 5 - 10 years after his presidency the media will treat him sympathetically like they do GW Bush now. He'll be on Ellen, Colbert and Maher's shows if they are still around making jokes about the time he was president. lol
I highly doubt it. This term will negatively affect his health, money and history. There will be a movie made about him in a negative light coming off of Obama's term.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
So he will basically be Candy from Django except shyt faced drunk all the time