Oscar watch...Dicaprio to play Ulysses S. Grant...SpielBerg directing....

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
Isn't he like one of the worst presidents ever? Who wants to see his life dramatized?
But not one of the worst presidential artists :mjgrin:

granthorse-790046-jpg.134358

Compare that to fukking george w bush

bush-standing.jpg

I mean honestly, I don't know what's worse, his brush technique or his foreign policy.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
They're a big deal:yeshrug:I personally dont have any legit presidential biopics rated all that highly. I loved DDL's performance in Lincoln but have no desire to watch the movie. But there are plenty of movies involving president's that I hold in very high esteem. Biopics in general just feel like an outdated genre. They tend to be filmed through rose colored lenses(Darkest Hour:francis:) and are usually boring as hell. A movie about the most pivotal part of a presidency tends to be much better (word to All the President's Men or Frost/Nixon). I'm not watching the Trump biopic, but I'll be there first night for the Russia collusion/Stormy Daniels movie:mjpls:
The problem with all biopics, or at least the trap, is they can boring as hell and paint by numbers. Like Gandi, for example, always feels like someone telling a storybook version of the man rather than it being a movie truly about him.

Lincoln worked for me because it didn’t try to tell his life story. It told one specific thing in his life and what that was like. On the flip side, Notorious tried to boil Biggie down into two hours and that shyt didn’t work. It’s another reason Straight Outta Compton is as dope as it is because it doesn’t try to tell the life story of every single member of NWA from the womb to the tomb.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
A case can be made for every President being worthy of a movie. Not saying they would all be a riveting watch, but plenty of less important people get biopics:manny:

I know it’ll happen eventually but I don’t need an Obama biopic because Southside With You is so on point and perfect. That’s how the shyt should be done