Oscar watch...Dicaprio to play Ulysses S. Grant...SpielBerg directing....

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Grant got nothing in common with those two racists:ufdup:

He’s white and old breh. Therefore he must be racist. But there’s no tool he could’ve used to find that out before he typed his post. No tool at all. What with the eradication of all libraries around the country and the ban on books, there’s no digital engine for him to use either.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
:yeshrug: he had a bad cabinet who couldn't stay out of shyt.
Just to see DiCaprio as Grant doing :francis: and:gucci: whenever a new scandal pops up would be worth it alone

:mjlol:
I wonder how he got a bad cabinet? lol
And movies like these love to sanitize a historical figures negative characteristics. So I wouldn't count on that being part of the movie.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I bet my life this is going to happen in our lifetime.
I was just talking to somebody about how like 5 - 10 years after his presidency the media will treat him sympathetically like they do GW Bush now. He'll be on Ellen, Colbert and Maher's shows if they are still around making jokes about the time he was president. lol

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
A case can be made for every President being worthy of a movie. Not saying they would all be a riveting watch, but plenty of less important people get biopics:manny:
Yeah, presidents get multiple books, articles, TV and movie characterizations about them. It gets overdone rather quickly for me at least.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Yeah, presidents get multiple books, articles, TV and movie characterizations about them. It gets overdone rather quickly for me at least.
They're a big deal:yeshrug:I personally dont have any legit presidential biopics rated all that highly. I loved DDL's performance in Lincoln but have no desire to watch the movie. But there are plenty of movies involving president's that I hold in very high esteem. Biopics in general just feel like an outdated genre. They tend to be filmed through rose colored lenses(Darkest Hour:francis:) and are usually boring as hell. A movie about the most pivotal part of a presidency tends to be much better (word to All the President's Men or Frost/Nixon). I'm not watching the Trump biopic, but I'll be there first night for the Russia collusion/Stormy Daniels movie:mjpls:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
They're a big deal:yeshrug:I personally dont have any legit presidential biopics rated all that highly. I loved DDL's performance in Lincoln but have no desire to watch the movie. But there are plenty of movies involving president's that I hold in very high esteem. Biopics in general just feel like an outdated genre. They tend to be filmed through rose colored lenses(Darkest Hour:francis:) and are usually boring as hell. A movie about the most pivotal part of a presidency tends to be much better (word to All the President's Men or Frost/Nixon). I'm not watching the Trump biopic, but I'll be there first night for the Russia collusion/Stormy Daniels movie:mjpls:
I agree, when they keep it on a particular incident it's way better. Frost/Nixon, 13 Days, JFK.
Also agree about biopics generally speaking.