Oscar Buzz: ‘Moonlight’: To Be a Black Gay Man in America

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Don't really like rating shyt but it's bordering on 5* (there aren't too many films that reach that height for me - take that as you will). Every single black man will be able to identify with this film. I've seen a lot of good shyt this year and this just soars right above them all, to the point where they're a distant memory. There's a few things I could nitpick but I'd need a second viewing to see how they fit with the direction. You won't be disappointed my breh.

Andre Holland is that dude, might I add. The brotha needs more projects.

@houston911 @Malta @Walt @jaguar paw @Populair @mastermind @jwinfield @Brozay @Regular_P @tremonthustler1 @Serious @I.V. @CHICAGO @SchoolboyC @CarltonJunior @<<TheStandard>> @Primetime @CantStop @cornercommission2k12 @FAH1223 @ikbm @Qohelet @HHR @CSquare43 @Versa @Kd35brah @The War Report @holidayinn21 @TheNig @FloorGeneral @malbaker86 @Mwakenya @3Rivers @AVXL @Flight23 @KOBE @Smoking With Cigarettes @KingMamba24 @Derek Lee @God's gift @Elephant Emoji @DillaTUDE @KingTut @Sauce Dab @Lootpack @Broke Wave @ghostwriterx @threattonature @blackestofpanthers @Noah

Meow :mjpls:

*reads thread title*
:dame:

:devil:
:evil:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Had to log in one time to drop my thoughts. I can't remember the last time a film resonated with me like this [no homo] - if ever. It's less a gay piece of cinema and more a journey of black selfhood. Let it wash over you and drown your soul brehs.

:mjcry:

Don't really like rating shyt but it's bordering on 5* (there aren't too many films that reach that height for me - take that as you will). Every single black man will be able to identify with this film. I've seen a lot of good shyt this year and this just soars right above them all, to the point where they're a distant memory. There's a few things I could nitpick but I'd need a second viewing to see how they fit with the direction. You won't be disappointed my breh.

@houston911 @Malta @Walt @jaguar paw @Populair @mastermind @jwinfield @Brozay @Regular_P @tremonthustler1 @Serious @I.V. @CHICAGO @SchoolboyC @CarltonJunior @<<TheStandard>> @Primetime @CantStop @cornercommission2k12 @FAH1223 @ikbm @Qohelet @HHR @CSquare43 @Versa @Kd35brah @The War Report @holidayinn21 @TheNig @FloorGeneral @malbaker86 @Mwakenya @3Rivers @AVXL @Flight23 @KOBE @Smoking With Cigarettes @KingMamba24 @Derek Lee @God's gift @Elephant Emoji @DillaTUDE @KingTut @Sauce Dab @Lootpack @Broke Wave @ghostwriterx @threattonature @blackestofpanthers @Noah

welcome back creh

and what I bolded is exactly the point I think Coates was making, and what the meatheads on here are not nuanced enough to think about.

Daps
:ehh:

Who was the standout in the movie? Is Ali deserving the oscar buzz?​
Holland, but I'm biased. :lolbron:

Nah but seriously they all did their thing. Ali got the juice at the moment though.

sidenote: The Andre Holland rep just reminded me that I still haven't seen The Knick. :yeshrug::francis:

1156.gif

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I'll check it out bro

We bout to clown boys once the nba starts :blessed:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Glad to have you back bro. :salute:

Also Andre Holland is a gawd.

A-Train

Express.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ehh:

Who was the standout in the movie? Is Ali deserving the oscar buzz?

sidenote: The Andre Holland rep just reminded me that I still haven't seen The Knick. :yeshrug::francis:
I know this wasnt directed at me but all three cats that play Chiron were excellent

-

Janelle Monae is definitely the weakest link:francis: she was nice eye candy tho

also shout out to Brad Pitt and the rest of the producers for not tryna jam no white saviors down Jenkins throat and taint his vision. No cacs in sight.

i'll keep my other comments to myself :francis: