Oscar Buzz: ‘Moonlight’: To Be a Black Gay Man in America

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I thought it was wild that Ali only did 8 days on set. She did just 3. :wtf:
So walk me through this, Naomie. You had three days to go filmMoonlight, but at the same time, you were on this giant James Bond press tour? Hopefully they weren't making you do phone interviews in between takes.
There was no way I could have done press at the same time! [Laughs.] It was still really complicated, though. I was in Mexico City for Bond and flew to Miami for three days where I could just focus on the filming ofMoonlight. And then I went straight back into the press tour!

How Naomie Harris Filmed Her Stunning Moonlight Role in Just 3 Days

Both looking at oscar noms just off a few days of work :myman:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Fyi Girlhood was trash. The black girls in CA went at the french cac (who made it) neck for the bs portrayal of the black characters

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Had to log in one time to drop my thoughts. I can't remember the last time a film resonated with me like this [no homo] - if ever. It's less a gay piece of cinema and more a journey of black selfhood. Let it wash over you and drown your soul brehs.

:mjcry:
What do you rate the movie?

Edit: Forgot you taking a break from TheColi. :francis:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
he has been hitting a number of the white liberal talking points as of late
in the Black Panther thread somebody posted an article where he said that when he was writing about two of Black Panther's female bodyguards having a lesbian relationship he didn't want it to be for the "male gaze"
if that ain't some tumblr white feminist shyt I don't know what is :francis:

I have a copy of his book, Between the World and Me, and I still haven't read it. and the more this dude opens his mouth with this fukkshyt makes it more and more likely I never will
He's been wholly accepted into liberal white society so I'm not sure why people act surprised.

Daps
What do you rate the movie?

Edit: Forgot you taking a break from TheColi. :francis:
Don't really like rating shyt but it's bordering on 5* (there aren't too many films that reach that height for me - take that as you will). Every single black man will be able to identify with this film. I've seen a lot of good shyt this year and this just soars right above them all, to the point where they're a distant memory. There's a few things I could nitpick but I'd need a second viewing to see how they fit with the direction. You won't be disappointed my breh.

Andre Holland is that dude, might I add. The brotha needs more projects.

@houston911 @Malta @Walt @jaguar paw @Populair @mastermind @jwinfield @Brozay @Regular_P @tremonthustler1 @Serious @I.V. @CHICAGO @SchoolboyC @CarltonJunior @<<TheStandard>> @Primetime @CantStop @cornercommission2k12 @FAH1223 @ikbm @Qohelet @HHR @CSquare43 @Versa @Kd35brah @The War Report @holidayinn21 @TheNig @FloorGeneral @malbaker86 @Mwakenya @3Rivers @AVXL @Flight23 @KOBE @Smoking With Cigarettes @KingMamba24 @Derek Lee @God's gift @Elephant Emoji @DillaTUDE @KingTut @Sauce Dab @Lootpack @Broke Wave @ghostwriterx @threattonature @blackestofpanthers @Noah

Meow :mjpls:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Don't really like rating shyt but it's bordering on 5* (there aren't too many films that reach that height for me - take that as you will). Every single black man will be able to identify with this film. I've seen a lot of good shyt this year and this just soars right above them all, to the point where they're a distant memory. There's a few things I could nitpick but I'd need a second viewing to see how they fit with the direction. You won't be disappointed my breh.

@houston911 @Malta @Walt @jaguar paw @Populair @mastermind @jwinfield @Brozay @Regular_P @tremonthustler1 @Serious @I.V. @CHICAGO @SchoolboyC @CarltonJunior @<<TheStandard>> @Primetime @CantStop @cornercommission2k12 @FAH1223 @ikbm @Qohelet @HHR @CSquare43 @Versa @Kd35brah @The War Report @holidayinn21 @TheNig @FloorGeneral @malbaker86 @Mwakenya @3Rivers @AVXL @Flight23 @KOBE @Smoking With Cigarettes @KingMamba24 @Derek Lee @God's gift @Elephant Emoji @DillaTUDE @KingTut @Sauce Dab @Lootpack @Broke Wave @ghostwriterx @threattonature @blackestofpanthers

My nikka Gil still outchea doin his thang lowkey in the Film Room. :wow:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?

@houston911 @Malta @Walt @jaguar paw @Populair @mastermind @jwinfield @Brozay @Regular_P @tremonthustler1 @Serious @I.V. @CHICAGO @SchoolboyC @CarltonJunior @<<TheStandard>> @Primetime @CantStop @cornercommission2k12 @FAH1223 @ikbm @Qohelet @HHR @CSquare43 @Versa @Kd35brah @The War Report @holidayinn21 @TheNig @FloorGeneral @malbaker86 @Mwakenya @3Rivers @AVXL @Flight23 @KOBE @Smoking With Cigarettes @KingMamba24 @Derek Lee @God's gift @Elephant Emoji @DillaTUDE @KingTut @Sauce Dab @Lootpack @Broke Wave @ghostwriterx @threattonature @blackestofpanthers

I missed you :francis:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

:ehh:

Who was the standout in the movie? Is Ali deserving the oscar buzz?

sidenote: The Andre Holland rep just reminded me that I still haven't seen The Knick. :yeshrug::francis:

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps

@houston911 @Malta @Walt @jaguar paw @Populair @mastermind @jwinfield @Brozay @Regular_P @tremonthustler1 @Serious @I.V. @CHICAGO @SchoolboyC @CarltonJunior @<<TheStandard>> @Primetime @CantStop @cornercommission2k12 @FAH1223 @ikbm @Qohelet @HHR @CSquare43 @Versa @Kd35brah @The War Report @holidayinn21 @TheNig @FloorGeneral @malbaker86 @Mwakenya @3Rivers @AVXL @Flight23 @KOBE @Smoking With Cigarettes @KingMamba24 @Derek Lee @God's gift @Elephant Emoji @DillaTUDE @KingTut @Sauce Dab @Lootpack @Broke Wave @ghostwriterx @threattonature @blackestofpanthers @Noah

The God

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Why you ducking the coli breh?

I miss you, you adorable piece of shyt.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

I have met Andre Holland in my work capacity he is a real down to earth/humble brother. Hope he blows the fukk up.