Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition launches spring 2016

Moon Studios will share more news "soon."
Ori-Blind-Forest-Def-Spring.jpg

Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition will launch for Xbox One and PC in spring 2016, Moon Studiosannounced on Twitter.

The studio promises more news on the August-announced update soon. The Definitive Editionpromises “a lot” of new content, including new areas that use new mechanics and artwork, as well as new abilities.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition launches March 11

Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition will launch for Xbox One and PC on March 11, Microsoft and Moon Studios [URL='http://news.xbox.com/2016/03/01/ori-definitive-edition-windows-10/']announced

The new version of the game offers an expanded theater mode, which will let you view all the cut-scenes, as well as see early concept material from the game, trailers, and other content.

There’s also a “sizable” new playable area, dubbed “Black Root Burrows,” which further explores the game’s fiction.

“There is a great story sequence throughout Black Root Burrows where you’re discovering the past of Naru, the mother character,” executive producer Mark Coates told Xbox Wire. “You discover her roots, where she came from, and you learn a bit more about her as a character and why maybe she is compelled to do some of the things that she does later on in the game. It’s all interwoven with the already-existing story.”

The updated release also offers new ways to navigate the environment, solve puzzles, and defeat enemies, as well as new “easy” mode to allow players of all skill levels to enjoy the game. On the reverse, there’s all so a “hard” mode for players who want a greater challenge.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/03/ori-blind-forest-definitive-edition-launches-march-11#6gUlVTEt12rjSFgd.99[/URL]

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I read somewhere that if you have the original upgrading to the definitive edition would only be $5. I don't remember where though. I'll look for it later.

Uh Oh

Bake 'em away, toys
Daps
Beat this game yesterday. I didn't care too much for the story, but the gameplay was great. Some parts are downright brutal. I saw Guacamelee mentioned in this thread. I liked this more than Guacamelee, which I feel is a solid game.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
I just finished this and it was straight fire. It controls so nice and the levels are expertly designed. The distances for the jumps, and the way you had to use the skills throughout the game. Beautiful art style too. I liked that it was a bit challenging. The escapes were super fun and a little challenging. Wish it would have been longer, even though it was a good length for the kind of game it was.

There wasn't much story. But some parts got a breh a little emotional :to:

I don't know how it sold. But it's the kind of game that could have done big numbers if it was on playstation. Would look beautiful on the vita.

Hope they make a sequel

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
You actually don't have to backtrack much to get everything. Watching some speed runners there's a route you can take to get everything with minimal backtracking
There's quite a bit of backtracking. That's not a diss either. Can't compare a first play to some speed runs lol. Of course speed runs are going to minimize the back tracking

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I got about 75% done with this game and then copped the definitive edition so I started over. Been playing nightly and even though Im having to redo everything the game is still fun and one of the best looking games.