Ori And The Blind Forest [Official Thread]

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition announced
posted on 08.06.15 at 12:52 PM EDT by Sal Romano (@salromano)
Share1 Tweet16 Reddit0 Tumblr0 Share65
Coming to Xbox One and PC this fall.
image: http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Ori-Blind-Forest-DE-Ann-GC.jpg

Ori-Blind-Forest-DE-Ann-GC.jpg

Microsoft announced Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition at Gamescom today.

Developer Moon Studios said it looked into fan feedback about the original game and wanted to address all the bigger points. Thus, the Definitive Edition will have “a lot” of new content, including new areas that use new mechanics and artwork, as well as new abilities.

Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition is due out this fall.

Read more at Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition announced

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Im playing through this right now. Easily one of the best 2D games I've ever played. The mechanics and level design is top notch. And the visuals/sound/music are perfect,
The game overall is incredible and doesn't get nearly the attention It deserves. One of the best opening sequences of all time. It's a work of art. I haven't cared so much about a 2D cartoon character in so little time since I saw the Gargoyles get destroyed in broad daylight. :mjcry:

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
The game overall is incredible and doesn't get nearly the attention It deserves. One of the best opening sequences of all time. It's a work of art. I haven't cared so much about a 2D cartoon character in so little time since I saw the Gargoyles get destroyed in broad daylight. :mjcry:
And that's just the beginning of the game, it starts crazy artistically. But game design wise it's just as good. I swear this studio (or collaboration of worldwide devs/artists) just matched Nintendo/Ubisoft/Retro Studios on their first project. Im on the ice temple, and the anti-gravity stuff is just crazy. Game may as well be made by Retro Studios, it's like a combination of Metroid and Donkey Kong Country Returns. :ahh:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Ori & the Blind Forest wins the Best Xbox game and Best Audio Golden Joystick awards

Ori & the Blind Forest has been voted the Best Xbox Game in the 33rd Golden Joystick Awards hosted by GamesRadar.

The beautiful sidescrolling platformer which took four years to make also won the award for Best Audio which isn’t surprising with the amazing soundtrack that accompanied it.

The team took to Facebook to thank their fans for voting.

Simply breathtaking to see Ori win Best Xbox Game of 2015 and Best Audio of 2015 onGolden Joysticks Awards!Couldn’t be more proud of our incredibly talented team at Moon Studios and Microsoft!

The game will be re-releasing with a Definitive Edition which is adding new content. If you haven’t tried it yet, you really should, it’s a stunning looking game with a beautiful story and fantastic soundtrack to boot.

“We [are] actually adding a lot of new content, such as new areas, which are going to be using new mechanics and actually quite new, exciting artwork, and will have potentially new abilities.”

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great game, have like an hour left to do to finish it. Definitely the best XBone game out there...which no X-Box owners actually play.