Oprah Winfree "Investing in little girls is better than investing in little boys"

???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dirty_Jerz

Ethiop
Daps
Reppin
the evils of truth, and love
The only figure I could find for the all girls school is $40 million (http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/and.../2007/01/oprah-leads-celebs-media-follow.html). She is spending between $49 and $90 million on those 500 African American men (based on Morehouse's cost of attendance that I also cited from their website).

I'll wait for you to find other figures.

40 million back when she first opened it in 2007 plus the 7 million raised from her show, i cant find figures on up to date spending though or the millions she puts into oxygen network (for women) and her own network OWN

i cant find the name of any of those african men either except the 300 that came on that show

edit: nm no i cant find any of them

Last edited:

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
draya30f-2-web.jpg

Wait is that Raven Simone? :scusthov:

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
40 million back when she first opened it in 2007 plus the 7 million raised from her show, i cant find figures on up to date spending though or the millions she puts into oxygen network (for women) and her own network OWN

i cant find the name of any of those african men either except the 300 that came on that show

edit: nm no i cant find any of them
Oprah-tweets.jpg

The 500 came out of her mouth. They were also on her show. Why are you hating? Also her network is a business NOT a charity so that is a bullshyt comparison. So again, the current numbers that can be cited shows that she has actually charitably invested (dollars and cents as you said) more in African American men...

Here's 415 of them right here (they were on her farewell special...but I guess since you couldn't fine their individual names they don't exist :rudy:):
6a00e5545508848833015432698f8b970c-350wi

I'll believe her before I believe you considering your citing and "direct quoting" skills.

Last edited:

Dirty_Jerz

Ethiop
Daps
Reppin
the evils of truth, and love
The 500 came out of her mouth. They were also on her show. Why are you hating? Also her network is a business NOT a charity so that is a bullshyt comparison. So again, the current numbers that can be cited shows that she has actually charitably invested (dollars and cents as you said) more in African American men...

Here's 415 of them right here (they were on her farewell special...but I guess since you couldn't fine their individual names they don't exist :rudy:):

I'll believe her before I believe you considering your citing and "direct quoting" skills.

i wanted to know the names because i wanted to know more about what they did after graduating i think you confuse interest for hate but its ok, buisness i got it friend

i watched a youtube of them coming to the stage and the quotes say 300 thats all i could find most recently i guess you have the oprah connect

you will believe her before me was the start and end of this convo

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
i wanted to know the names because i wanted to know more about what they did after graduating i think you confuse interest for hate but its ok, buisness i got it friend

i watched a youtube of them coming to the stage and the quotes say 300 thats all i could find most recently i guess you have the oprah connect

you will believe her before me was the start and end of this convo

Here is where the pic came from (her website) and it says 415:
http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Star-Studded-Moments-from-Oprahs-Surprise-Farewell/11

I said I'll believe given the fact that you don't cite things and you can't find sources for your "direct quotes."

Daps
Reppin
NULL
1). I highly doubt she made this statement. Oprah has given millions of dollars to the education of black men (something you retarded ninjas ignore).

2). It is a TRUE statement if her goal is to invest in community growth. She comes out better investing in GIRLS. Why? Because women take care of children. Our educational efforts DIRECTLY impact our children. Children are the future generation. Any effort to uplift women will result in uplifting the future generations of a community.

The same is NOT true for black men and here is why: 1). Black men are often aloof and NOT invested in their children. 2). Black men are KINGS at giving their resources to other communities by way of marriage to non-black women (this is especially true for the few educated black men).

Oprah is NOT a fool. She kept the house she bought her father in HER NAME because she knew the ninja couldn't sustain a marriage to save his life. She feared the million dollar home would transfer hands via divorce. Sure enough, her father ended up getting another divorce. However, his wife couldn't touch the house because it was in Oprah's name.

The above OFTEN plays out in black men's relationships. So, if community building is to be done, Oprah is smart to invest her money in GIRLS...rather than boys.

Now you ninjas can sit on this site and PRETEND that black boys are invested in education. Anyone with two eyes can see that ish is NOT true.

Then there is this reality: MEN ARE SUPPOSED TO BE BUILDERS. The fact that so many of you sorry ninjas are waiting for this SELF-made black women to show you the promise land is telling.

The reason why "black boys rock" doesn't exist is because you ninjas have yet to create it.

The reason why schools like the one Oprah built for girls in Africa don't exist for black boys is because you ninjas have yet to create them.

Get off your arses and stop feeling entitled to this woman's resources bytches.