Oppenheimer (Directed by Christopher nolan)

Chef

All Star
Daps
I’m excited. The story of the Manhattan Project is pretty dope.

ImLionyall

Workin on dat Roar
Daps
Reppin
Serengeti
Ya think this movie will talk about how the US purposely bombed and nuke civilians.:mjgrin:

Or will it only address Japan's war crimes on the Chinese.:mjgrin:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wasn't he blackballed because of that?
Josh Hartnett: I regret turning down Batman role

In an interview with Playboy, the 36-year-old actor said the decision had a detrimental effect on his career.

“I’ve definitely said no to some of the wrong people,” he said. “I said no because I was tired and wanted to spend more time with my friends and family. That’s frowned upon in this industry. People don’t like being told no. I don’t like it. I learned my lesson when Christopher Nolan and I talked about Batman. I decided it wasn’t for me. Then he didn’t want to put me in The Prestige. They not only hired their Batman for it, they also hired my girlfriend [Scarlett Johansson] at the time.”
In the same year that The Prestige was released, Hartnett was starring in Lucky Number Slevin and The Black Dahlia, neither of which were commercial hits. Hartnett admits that his decision not to work with Nolan still stings.

“That’s when I realised relationships were formed in the fire of that first Batman film, and I should have been part of the relationship with this guy Nolan, who I felt was incredibly cool and very talented,”
he said. “I was so focused on not being pigeonholed and so scared of being considered only one thing as an actor. I should have thought, ‘Well, then, work harder, man’”. Watching Christian Bale go on to do so many other things has been just awesome. I mean, he’s been able to overcome that. Why couldn’t I see that at the time?”

Hartnett has previously spoken about turning down Spider-man and Superman, saying he “saw the danger” of being typecast at a young age.
Say no to a moneymaker brehs.

Doesn't sound like he was blackballed.

He turned down commercial and critically successful films to make shyt that no one gave a fukk about.

Connections made on the films he turned down led to more success for the actors involved while his star faded due to his output.

Jermio

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good for Hartnett. Dude was getting better and better as an actor right before his career fell off around 2008-2009. I still remember him in this indie movie "August" with Adam Scott, Naomie Harris, David Bowie, etc.; dude was better than ever. Then boom, in straight garbage until Penny Dreadful semi-revived him.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder how much he turned down from Netflix and Amazon. They had to have made offers.