Opioids Could Kill 500,000 - 650,000 Americans Over Next Decade

Triipe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Fulton / Mississippi
Sackler family

The company sold several moderately successful products, like earwax remover and laxatives, but remained under the radar until the mid-1990s when it began selling what amounted to morphine in a pill. OxyContin, a long-lasting, narcotic pain reliever, launched in 1995 and by 2003 Purdue was selling $1.6 billion of the product annually. It became abused by addicts who would crush the pills for a quick, intense high, sparking controversy and legal action against Purdue. The company paid more than $600 million in 2007 to settle charges with federal prosecutors that it had misbranded OxyContin as safer and less addictive than it was. In December 2015 it settled a similar lawsuit with the state of Kentucky. Some had said the case might yield more than $1 billion in damages; the company agreed to pay $24 million and admitted no wrongdoing. Today, Purdue, still 100% owned by the Sackler family, generates some $3 billion in sales in the U.S. Separate Sackler-owned companies sell drugs in Europe, Canada, Asia and Latin America. An estimated 20 family members share the fortune.

Cartel shyt, they get it done with cash not violence and fear. Still just as detrimental to the people :sas1:

Daps
The racial gap overdose rate is not as staggering as people are making it out to be.

Magnification of one side only, leaves the other to rise behind the scenes.
That may be true in theory but don't pretend this isn't mostly a white problem. Many Black people already live with a stigma of dope dealing, hustling, fiend stereotypes. We've been dealing with it to the point of being profiled everywhere we go.

I don't condone mocking addicts dying or celebrating it. Rehab should be a priority. However, if its a bunch of white people, I'm not sympathetic. They made their bed. Had they stopped and frisked white people like they do us...

Their society failed them and it's up to them to fix it.

Ferrum Phos

Banned
Daps
Reppin
99th percentile
That may be true in theory but don't pretend this isn't mostly a white problem. Many Black people already live with a stigma of dope dealing, hustling, fiend stereotypes. We've been dealing with it to the point of being profiled everywhere we go.

I don't condone mocking addicts dying or celebrating it. Rehab should be a priority. However, if its a bunch of white people, I'm not sympathetic. They made their bed. Had they stopped and frisked white people like they do us...

Their society failed them and it's up to them to fix it.
From the last statistics I've seen, the white overdose rate is twice the Black rate, yet from the articles and comments being posted around here, one would think the rate was closer to 10:1. My point is: the consensus acts like it's not affecting Black people at all, which will only make matters worse in the long run. That's all. It's not about caring about white people. I just have yet to see one thread about overdoses here that is about the Black lives being lost.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
I wonder if there is a way to make fake opiods. I'm asking for research purposes not cause I want a piece of the action :francis:

Daps
Reppin
St louis
fukk them junkie crackas.
:ehh:

wat6rr.jpg

DrDoom

All Star
Daps
Only an issue because it's a white problem. Mostly white males and females 18 -35

Daps
From the last statistics I've seen, the white overdose rate is twice the Black rate, yet from the articles and comments being posted around here, one would think the rate was closer to 10:1. My point is: the consensus acts like it's not affecting Black people at all, which will only make matters worse in the long run. That's all. It's not about caring about white people. I just have yet to see one thread about overdoses here that is about the Black lives being lost.
:beli: so make that thread.

Entropy Fan

Superstar
Daps
Shut your fakkit ass up. And get out this thread
:camby:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
:yeshrug:

Mostly white people. Can't give a fukk after what they did to us during the crack epidemic. fukk their "addiction" crisis. Watched this sad sack story about some white woman from the country who got addicted to heroin and went to jail (never mentioned the charges either) and they treated it like a feel-good story.

eastsideTT

Superstar
Daps
I wonder if there is a way to make fake opiods. I'm asking for research purposes not cause I want a piece of the action :francis:

there is, thats whats causing so many deaths. various analogues of fentanyl being made in china and easily ordered online via the clearnet or the darknet, in addition to big time smugglers copping kilos of fentanyl analogues for literally next to nothing. all that shyt is cut into heroin (some places dont even have heroin anymore, just fentanyl and cut - and even worse, people are pressing replica oxy pills with straight fentanyl analogue made to look identically to Roxi 30s and even weaker shyt like 10 mg percs. the profit margins are insane.

these fentanyl analogues can be even stronger than hospital/pharma grade fentanyl , which is already crazy strong. measured in microgram doses. so very hard to just "eyeball out" a dose.

so to answer your question - most of the opiates out there are literally fake. if you come across pills these days especially a 30 mg roxi, and you didnt see it come straight out of the pharmacy, its safe to assume its fake. not saying there arent people making moves with real pills bc there are, but its not like back in the days when the shyt was everywhere due to over-prescribing, perdue and big pharma, etc

this is a problem that big pharma created and the government as usual has been handling it wrong and monday morning quarterbacking every step of the way

also its nothing like the late 80s / early 90s and crack in terms of incarceration but trust, lots of people are getting locked up and even worse dealers are starting to get charged with various degrees of murder or manslaughter if a customer ODs on fentanyl cut and dies (when theres a good chance a low to mid level dealer, or anyone but a supply chain dude, would even know its cut with that shyt)

america doesnt have an opiate problem. we had an opiate problem 10-15 years ago when real pills were in abundence and people were switching to real heroin when it became cheaper. america has a fentanyl problem which came into play as a result of the government dropping the ball on something they could have done about when Bush was still in office