Opie and Anthony host goes on a racial tirade (Update: Now FIRED!!!!!!)

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
The black church is the only reason you have the few bullshyt liberties you have today....

You new school nikkas so pie that yall are dying to point at another nikka for you ills as opposed to the elephant in the room

:camby: with that non sense

Well you read into something and ran with it. Notice how I never said that no good came from the church. BUT i did infer that it was a tactical effort to introduce us to Christianity because it teachings helped to keep us in line for centuries (predating and after the civil rights movement).

Does the black church encourage resistance for the most part? Or do they encourage inclusion, and forgiveness?

MY sticking point re: the black church and how centuries later black people deal with white people is not some dynamic theory.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Well you read into something and ran with it. Notice how I never said that no good came from the church. BUT i did infer that it was a tactical effort to introduce us to Christianity because it teachings helped to keep us in line for centuries (predating and after the civil rights movement).

Does the black church encourage resistance for the most part? Or do they encourage inclusion, and forgiveness?

MY sticking point re: the black church and how centuries later black people deal with white people is not some dynamic theory.

I couldn't agree more. The bible teaches about turning the other cheek and all that. Religion, christianity has kept black people too forgiving.

MLK...great man. Preached non-violence and turning the other cheek.

And white people still killed him.

Non-violence only works when one's enemy actually has a conscience.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

The black church at its core taught us to recognize good and evil....and to use good to fight evil...

It doesn't get any plainer than that.....Nothing is wrong with inclusion and forgiveness......in the proper setting that is.....

I'm still waiting for all the uber militant nikkas online to form an army and bang on the beast.......

That type of rhetoric is the same form of emotional catharsis that's used in the black church....

Empty feel good rhetoric....

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I couldn't agree more. The bible teaches about turning the other cheek and all that. Religion, christianity has kept black people too forgiving.

MLK...great man. Preached non-violence and turning the other cheek.

And white people still killed him.

Non-violence only works when one's enemy actually has a conscience.

You don't know anything about Dr. King if that's what you think about him

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As I said before, the black church as it exists today is a hindrance to our progress. Have a good night.

it's one of the few positive places left of community between black families and individuals not to mention some churches give scholarships to members (mine did). so of course nikkas hate on it :snoop:

Daps
Reppin
VOID
You don't know anything about Dr. King if that's what you think about him

I'm always willing to learn more to remove myself from my ignorance.
I know that's not all he was about though...I was just trying to make a point.
I wasn't trying to down his accomplishments and why would I as a black man?

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm always willing to learn more to remove myself from my ignorance.
I know that's not all he was about though...

To turn the other cheek scripture has been taken out of context for many years.....

People like to make it synonymous with being weak, submissive or compliant....but all it really means is to RESIST evil non-violently.......Black athletes integrating and setting bench marks in sports did it all the time and they are heralded as heroes....and they were no where near weak....

The resiliency of the African American is the white man's greatest fear and concern....A race of people who should have been relegated to Native American status has an extremely strong footing in this world despite the attempts of the white majority to subjugate and eventually exterminate them...

If that aint proof that we are favored by a higher power then I don't know what is......

Dr. King and others knew that.....

Them white folks paint King a certain way so that you'll follow suit and accept whatever ills white folks throw your way, when the truth of the matter is that MLK not only believed in self defense, but had his crew packing major heat...King kept a burner on him half the time during the civil rights movement....

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
VOID
To turn the other cheek scripture has been taken out of context for many years.....

People like to make it synonymous with being weak, submissive or compliant....but all it really means is to RESIST evil non-violently.......Black athletes integrating and setting bench marks in sports did it all the time and they are heralded as heroes....and they were no where near weak....

The resiliency of the African American is the white man's greatest fear and concern....A race of people who should have been relegated to Native American status has an extremely strong footing in this world despite the attempts of the white majority to subjugate and eventually exterminate them...

If that aint proof that we are favored by a higher power then I don't know what is......

Dr. King and others knew that.....

Them white folks paint King a certain way so that you'll follow suit and except whatever ills white folks throw your way, when the truth of the matter is that MLK not only believed in self defense, but had his crew packing major heat...King kept a burner on him half the time during the civil rights movement....
:obama:props for this.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
yall should know how this works by now this is the same media that labels nas and common as violent gangster thug rappers.

All of this comes down to the viability and effectiveness of Black Media. If you think about it, we dont have a proper respectable media outlet that can offer counter points and also make our case for us by us on cable daily. BET doesnt count and we would be wise to disassociate ourselves from it. We only rely on the internet which is some bullshyt in itself. These fukkers have Fox and every other media outlet to hammer us daily and we have none. What we have is 'entertainment', buck fukking dancing and wackness but little hardcore socio political discussions. All Black media TV outlets were sold off apparently in the last few years. Thats why our representation is so sorry and poor. We cant make our own case. Relying on jew media to represent us is absolute trite. I dont even think people understand the seriousness of not having a voice, whether what youre saying is true or not, agenda driven or not.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
The black church in its current form is a hindrance to black progress. It's not a politically correct position to take, but it's the truth nonetheless.

No. There are plenty of other groups who are religious who have no problem snapping back when someone disrespects them. It's much deeper than "the church".

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
And just like that! This thread has turned into what's wrong in the black community. Anthony won

anthony_cumia_x200.jpg

OPTiMO

SamsoniteMan
Daps
Reppin
From the Bay to Central CA
these dudes were the worst part of their own show anyways. the couple times i listened i wanted to hear their guest and couldnt help to cringe at them trying to.be funny as well... fukk em

Midrash

All Star
Daps
The black church is the only reason you have the few bullshyt liberties you have today....

You new school nikkas so pie that yall are dying to point at another nikka for you ills as opposed to the elephant in the room

:camby: with that non sense

Idk man, I would have to disagree and say SOME chruches. I can only share my experience as a poor black guy growing up. I don't follow middle class black churches so I don't know what the congregation is like there. :patrice:

I'm not gonna act like there aren't some churches that really lace brothas up and make sure they stay out of trouble, focused in school, provide stuff to do and set you up for colleges but these churches are a dying breed now in poorer black communities. You can read about them in books like Condoleezza Rice's memoir because her dad ran one.

I'm personally seeing a lot of more black churches going more evangelical/megachurch that gouge black citizens of their wallet, keep them pacified and causes them to hold religious commitments over their political ones. That may sound like a good thing in theory but it causes black people to lean republican and vote AGAINST their interest. I have an aunt that is a hardcore Palin fan and she is dirt poor, expecting the tea party to help pull her out of poverty. She's fiercely loyal to republican party after getting involved with the evangelical church. These churches are more interested in having these people sucker in more people than spread knowledge.

They churches have absolutely ZERO interest in creating strong black men, educating them and helping people rise themselves out of poverty. They are pretty much gigantic entertainment centers to peddle right wing evangelism or pentecostal theology that tell them DON'T VOTE FOR OBAMA BECAUSE HE SUPPORTS ABORTION!!! There is no use improving your condition because Jesus could be back any minute or you will die and finally get to heaven. This kind of "It Get's Better" pacifism doesn't empower ANYTHING.
:snoop:

Another problem is that there is too much of a slave mentality with Christianity. I believe in God, Jesus, I consider myself a christian but if you don't have a strong theologically accurate historical perspective, you are prey to all kinds of poor theology by charlatans riding in cadillacs in a ill fitted suit. There are contractions in Christianity but black people will buck dance and defend their white slave master's religion more fiercely than any white person ever would while crying out to a white Jesus. That's not a historically accurate perspective of Christianity and that has no basis in any legitimate church history. The pastoral role is not teaching any sort of accurate theology but lets some self-important loudmouth ramble for 2 hours about absolutely nothing going "BU- BU- BUTTTT YOU NEEEEEED JEEEEEEEEEEESAWSS!!!!":ohlawd: with the typical loud women on the sidelines shouting callbacks. They love passing a collection plate, fattening pockets, expanding the building while throwing the occassional crumbs back the the people's communities. It's not a church anymore but a den of thieves that operate like a pyramid scheme and expects them to waste hours of their time and give them their paycheck based off of a verse meant for Levite priest.

White supremacist will use this form of religion to control and pacify black people while violently raping their rear behind the scenes. They will say who cares if a black neighbor was harrassed and killed by a racist neighborhood watch captain. Just pray about it and hop God handles it. Don't take political action or mobilization. Jesus would forgive. :troll:

Last edited: