• Blueface sucks

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
So, a little background: There's a thread in which I and another poster got into a little 'discussion' in-regards to some simple objectively observable phenomena. That phenomena was about how the Sun's angle changes 15 degrees each hour regardless of one's position on the Earth. He disagreed and made a bet, but didn't outline any terms of said bet. I, on the other hand, decided enough is enough and made the bet a Permanent Ban which he accepted. I put the Bet in the thread designated for these types of things and he agreed to my terms and conditions. Only problem is that the mods have not verified the Bet and I don't want to let the opportunity escape to show that true ignorance has NO place here despite some claims to the contrary. The truth should ALWAYS win. One of the terms of the bet was that it would take a general consensus of posters on here to decide who won. That's why I made this thread. I give you, in this series of posts, what transpired and ask you to decide the outcome....​

xCivicx said:
It would be impossible for the suns angle to change 15 degrees an hour to an observer on thr Antarctic circle during the Antarctic circle's 24 hour day

My response....​

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited said:
It's already been observed to do JUST that by multiple, independent observers at each of the 9+ Time Zones there.

His response....​

xCivicx said:
Nah it hasn't

Let's even ban bet on it champ

My rebuttal.....​

Yeah, it has and no problem. Let's make it a PERMANENT ban.

@hustlemania , can I get you to authorize this after he agrees to my terms?

:sas2:

This is where things stood until I could get some type of verification of the terms from the mods, but nothing has yet come back to me from them. Instead of waiting any longer, I decided to post my evidence and win the Bet here, but you need to see the actual conditions agreed to for the Bet....

Here are the conditions:

1. I will post evidence of the Sun moving at least 15 degrees/hr. across the Antarctic sky in-response to a claim that it has NOT been observed to do just that by @xCivicx in this post......

The Sun is 400 times larger than the Moon, but also 400 times farther away than the Moon from Earth
xCivicx said:
It would be impossible for the suns angle to change 15 degrees an hour to an observer on thr Antarctic circle during the Antarctic circle's 24 hour day

2. Once this evidence is posted and independently verified by general consensus of other posters on this site to be accurate, @xCivicx will take a permanent ban from this entire website. Not just this subforum.

3. If I cannot provide this evidence, then I will take a permanent ban from this entire site.

That's it.

I waited for verification, didn't get it.....yet, and decided to stop waiting and posted this.....

Mods haven't gotten back to me to verify the terms of this bet, but, since I'm now on 'Ignore' (according to that dude) I'll go on ahead and post the evidence and let the rest of y'all decide for yourselves. Here is a video of my claim of the Sun moving EXACTLY 15 degrees each hour across the Antarctic sky. I can say this is exactly 15 degrees since it revolves in a complete circle, 360 degrees, over a 24-hour time period and, due to math, 360 divided by 24 = 15......

Here is a link describing how, where, and when the video was made...

Kiwi filmmaker records 24 hours of daylight at Scott Base

Here is another link to another article describing the making of the video....

Antarctica timelapse captured permanent sunlight over 24 hours in summer | Daily Mail Online

Finally, here is a link to the Antarctic station where the video was made.....

Live webcams around Scott Base | Antarctica New Zealand

I throw this evidence to the rest of you posters on this site to decide for yourselves if I've proven my claim and disproven the claim of xCivicx who stated that such a thing is impossible.

@hustlemania , any word from the mods yet?

So, posters of TheColi, what say you?

:popcorn3:

Last edited:

JOHN.KOOL

Manchester United/Atletico Madrid
Daps
Reppin
NULL
'Once this evidence is posted and independently verified by general consensus of other posters on this site to be accurate...'

:mjlol:

BTW you never posted anything where he agreed to a permanent bet, you cant strong arm someone into terms they never agreed too. If you say he agreed post evidence of him actually agreeing.

Daps
you're arguing with people who aren't even earnest in what they believe fam

just let it go
bingo..

dudes can get on here, and claim their anything.. saw the same sh!t with OriginalGangsta, and i dont even know how many other posters in the past..

also.. gotta remember where you're at.. this aint exactly a round-up of the sharpest sporks in the drawer around here..

JOHN.KOOL

Manchester United/Atletico Madrid
Daps
Reppin
NULL
aint no sense in issuing a ban bet, that admins want honor..

just let these dumb ass trolls wallow in their own ignorance.. even engaging with them, is flat-out stupid.. pushing anti-intellectual, and ignorant sh!t is the wave.. :whoo:

'Anti-intellectual' Lol

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
Ya' Cousin Cleon said:
you're arguing with people who aren't even earnest in what they believe fam

just let it go

Not a problem, but dude was arguing against actual math. Like, to him, 2 + 2 = 5 and that can't be tolerated or encouraged. Besides, exposing these people is better than letting their ignorance perpetuate. That's why there are so many of them now. Some things are just flat-out WRONG.​

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
bingo..

dudes can get on here, and claim their anything.. saw the same sh!t with OriginalGangsta, and i dont even know how many other posters in the past..

also.. gotta remember where you're at.. this aint exactly a round-up of the sharpest sporks in the drawer around here..
I vote to ban OP :coffee: