One of the greatest lies ever told is that men care more about looks than women

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
Men lie, women lie but the numbers don't

There are simply far more men who settle for what they can get looks wise, ugly celebrities bagging hoes/women doesn't count whatsoever, women may overlook a man's physical deficency if he's famous and/or rich

and by the very nature of the dynamic-women are generally speaking the choosers and men the hunters- logic dictates that women have more options and therefore higher standards than the average man

That saying is only true in the theoretical sense of men lusting after instagram hoes they CAN'T get but not in the practical sense, which is all that matters

Last edited:

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
Men definitely care about looks more than women. Not to say that women don't care, it's just not as much as men.
Then why do most men settle for 3s , 4s and 5s if they truly care

why aren't most men on "if I can't get a baddie, I had rather be single"

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
It's moreso that on their hierarchy of wants looks aren't as high. I think everyone cares on some level. but you can have a lean gut, Casper hairline and eat pizza rolls out the pack if you got a lambo and you live alone at least 60% of women are hearing you out.

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
Most people are a 5...
True however the nature of dating/mating ensures the choosers (women) don't have to settle for a 5 and it motivates men to improve their aesthetics (working out,grooming/growing beard, dressing well etc) just to gain a competitive edge in the dating world

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How many men are dating a woman 50 years her senior just because she has money?
86339063-13548357-image-m-2_1718830877007.jpg

We have centuries of data to suggest that in general men prioritize looks above resources, while women prioritize resources and status over looks.
That's not to say women don't care about looks and men don't care about women having some form of money, but in society if men are looked at as providers why would they care if some chick has money and vice versa.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
True however the nature of dating/mating ensures the choosers (women) don't have to settle for a 5 and it motivates men to improve their aesthetics (working out,grooming/growing beard, dressing well etc) just to gain a competitive edge in the dating world
Except it doesn't work that way because those same 5s demanding that the male 5 improves, will be left behind when he does

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
How many men are dating a woman 50 years her senior just because she has money?
86339063-13548357-image-m-2_1718830877007.jpg

We have centuries of data to suggest that in general men prioritize looks above resources, while women prioritize resources and status over looks.
That's not to say women don't care about looks and men don't care about women having some form of money, but in society if men are looked at as providers why would they care if some chick has money and vice versa.
I see this ish all the time. It's generally an age thing though. I think in your 20s men and women care more about looks. 30s and 40s is when I start thinking "she's with HIM?!"