One Mic History: Why Black folks LOVE a well done steak

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Y’all know why you don’t have to overcook steak cuts right?

Bacteria can’t grow in the tight muscle fiber of cows, only on the exposed surface. That’s why you’re able to just cook the outside if you want

This is why ground meat needs to be cooked. The surface area exposed to bacteria increases exponentially

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Only very high quality steak can be prepared medium well or medium or rare. Other than that season it and cook it like you mean it.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
how-to-make-a-blue-steak.jpg

blue rare baby :ohlawd:...gotta be rare

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
I ate well done for years, tried medium and medium well and haven’t looked back since, much more tender and flavorful. I can’t eat medium rare though, I feel queasy after eating it.
Same here, grew up on having my steaks well done just from following my family and not knowing much about eating steak like that anyway. Around a few years ago started going with medium and medium well, and I'm never going back, can't do it. Can't be still chewing my steak while everyone at the table finished and you can barely taste it like that anyway.

Taco

All Star
Daps
Y’all know why you don’t have to overcook steak cuts right?

Bacteria can’t grow in the tight muscle fiber of cows, only on the exposed surface. That’s why you’re able to just cook the outside if you want

This is why ground meat needs to be cooked. The surface area exposed to bacteria increases exponentially
They don’t gaf. They still think the red is blood, and double down when you correct them :russ:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Grew up with well done and it wasn't until I was messing with this white girl in my early 20s I had a medium steak her step father fixed. Needless to say that I haven't had well done since lol