Chris was my first introduction to standup

But he too cool with white ppl

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Richard Pryor is my all time number one he got classic standup and did lots of great movies. I think he made even more movies than murphy.

Eddie is second, also classic standup, did many classic movies as well.
He also made Snl his show for seasons he was there.

Chappelle, classic standups, classic show, and he didn't do too many film roles but half baked was decent.

Chris Rock, classic standups, he was on snl but was overshadowed by most the cast,(sandler, farley spade, etc) did movies but wasn't funny in any of them. Had a good sitcom about his childhood, but wasn't actually in that show.

Plus when you take into account he doesn't do standup all that often either you literally only have like 6 shows worth of material for Chris Rock when you think about it. That's not enough material.

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
It's wild to say this but Chris Rock. I'm 32 but I grew up knowing Eddie from his movies, not his stand-up. I finally listened to them about 10 years and that shyt was hilarious. Oddly enough, my dad used to play Pryor albums for me when my mom wasn't home, so he was the first of the four I knew about when it came to stand-up. Introduction to Chappelle was as the hack comic in the Nutty Professor. Once I saw Half Baked, I've always followed dude's career.

I want to be unbiased but I can't ignore Rock sitting up there with Louis CK, Gervais, and Seinfeld and somehow Seinfeld was the guy that said "nah, white comics shouldn't use the word in your act."

Last edited:

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
Pryor, Eddie, and Dave are on my Mount Rushmore. Rock gotta go, truthfully i thought Patrice was funnier than Rock even though he wasn't as well known.
I agree with everything you said outside of Bring the Pain and Bigger and Blacker Chris Rock doesn’t compare to the others.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
It's wild to say this but Chris Rock. I'm 32 but I grew up knowing Eddie from his movies, not his stand-up. I finally listened to them about 10 years and that shyt was hilarious. Oddly enough, my dad used to play Pryor albums for me when my mom wasn't home, so he was the first of the four I knew about when it came to stand-up. Introduction to Chappelle was as the hack comic in the Nutty Professor. Once I saw Half Baked, I've always followed dude's career.

I want to be unbiased but I can't ignore Rock sitting up there with Louis CK, Gervais, and Seinfeld and somehow Seinfeld was the guy that said "nah, white comics shouldn't the word in your act."
I remember that shyt. cringey as fukk. you know you c00ning when you giving out n word passes and a white guy says nah i'm good.:hubie:imma respect you even if you don't.

DamienWayne

Superstar
Daps
Impossible choice that's like saying who u killing your wife or mom

But TO ME , Eddie is the least funny stand up wise .

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
I love Everybody Hates Chris more than The Chappelle show, but Chris Rock standup never once made me laugh. He gotta go :camby:
He made me laugh way more than Chappelle stand up. I feel asleep on one of his corny ass stand ups