On my 2nd playthrough for The Last of Us 2 . Why does the story gets so much praise again?

Daps
Well then thats a good argument for people who say it makes no sense that ellie doesn’t kill abby at the end.

@Deep_Black_Conscious this guy wants to talk to you
Why are you @ me?:mjlol:
That ending is trash framed under the themes of revenge and forgiveness:mjlol:
Idgaf what anyone else says
Almost ruined the story and many others felt that ending was the weakest part of the story
Neil was originally going to go for killing everyone but with an intended effect other than the cliche of revenge
It took ALOT of work for that ending to make sense because of Haley Gross trying to make Neil cling on to Abby and Lev for whatever reason:mjlol:
Without that work to understand what the ending really means, trash fukk outta here :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Why are you @ me?:mjlol:
That ending is trash framed under the themes of revenge and forgiveness:mjlol:
Idgaf what anyone else says
Almost ruined the story and many others felt that ending was the weakest part of the story
Neil was originally going to go for killing everyone but with an intended effect other than the cliche of revenge
It took ALOT of work for that ending to make sense because of Haley Gross trying to make Neil cling on to Abby and Lev for whatever reason:mjlol:
Without that work to understand what the ending really means, trash fukk outta here :mjlol:

All is forgiven in the end, abby spares Ellie’s life twice, and ellie saves abby. It’s all good, right?:sas2:

In then end they were all just ordinary people

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
This is the criticism, elli is not Joels daughter, he saved ellie because he couldn’t save his daughter. Thats why its so psychologically fukked up.

They developed a bond. They went through a lot together. That was basically his foster daughter in his eyes. Most folks would have easily developed that same bond. Would you have let that girl just die on the table after everything y'all been through? Chances are you wouldn't.

Another huge flaw is they didn't tell Ellie the chances of survival were very low. They didn't let her make that decision. That in itself would cause people to react in a bad way.

Joel reacted how any normal person would.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They developed a bond. They went through a lot together. That was basically his foster daughter in his eyes. Most folks would have easily developed that same bond.

Another huge flaw is they didn't tell Ellie the chances of survival were very low. They didn't let her make that decision. That in itself would cause people to react in a bad way.

Would he have developed the same bond if it wasn’t a girl the same age age Sarah?

Daps
All is forgiven in the end, abby spares Ellie’s life twice, and ellie saves abby. It’s all good, right?:sas2:
Neil should have went with his first instict, or use the slave/imprisonment angle with fat gerald and the rattlers more for more unexpected outcomes involving Abby and Ellie
I thought that would be one of the ways Neil would let Abby live
I do think the imprisonment/slavery thing will be in Part 3 along with the idea of slaves and how it relates to immunity but that's for another discussion (I predict Ellie gets smuggled, maybe even internationally, in Part 3)
But to see that flashback fukkery in the end :mjlol:
We can thank Haley Gross for that, and even though it still makes sense with the required work, :mjlol:
The ending is the weakest point of the story for me but with the required work it no longer ruins the story for me like it did as my first gut reaction, but I understand why a number of people don't like it besides them not getting to kill Abby because they hate her.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Neil should have went with his first instict, or use the slave/imprisonment angle with fat gerald and the rattlers more for more unexpected outcomes involving Abby and Ellie
I thought that would be one of the ways Neil would let Abby live
I do think the imprisonment/slavery thing will be in Part 3 along with the idea of slaves and how it relates to immunity but that's for another discussion (I predict Ellie gets smuggled, maybe even internationally, in Part 3)
But to see that flashback fukkery in the end :mjlol:
We can thank Haley Gross for that, and even though it still makes sense with the require work, :mjlol:
The ending is the weakest point of the story for me but with the required work it no longer ruins the story for me, but I understand why a number of people don't like it besides them not getting to kill Abby because they hate her.

So you think abby should have forgiven joel after he saved her from the horde?

Daps
I don't think she would get a random flashback that would change her mind, with no buildup to that point other than her unconscious having the time to process things in a different way :mjlol:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps

Joel was a bad man tuned for the good, but most importantly saved her. Most normal folk would have forgiven him.

Ask anybody how they feel about revenge, they never felt better about it.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Would you let some random doctor kill your daughter for a 'possible' chance at finding a cure?

Joel was justified in his human emotions in not losing someone he loved. I wonder how many people would've done the same thing. Possibly a lot.
That's only one perspective.

Abby and her crew had no knowledge of Joel's relationship to ellie, for all they knew he could have took payment and killed the fireflies so he could double up selling ellie to someone else. It's not like he had the best reputation.

They didn't even know ellie was still alive, that black chick ellie killed seemed surprised when she found out who ellie was, and then tried to reason with her once she knew.

Daps
She got a flashback that made her save lev and yara though :patrice:
No, she saw their innocence and they saved her life
Difference is they didn't kill her father
Some people get revenge, some people change their minds
Because of time and the totality of Ellie's experience, her unconscious processed things in a different way
Otherwise you wouldn't die in the theatre once you're open to Ellie but of course Ellie kills you she is not going to have a random flashback

Last edited: