On my 2nd playthrough for The Last of Us 2 . Why does the story gets so much praise again?

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Joel saved Abby's life.

Why did the writers have her kill him? Real killers would've left her to get eaten by the infected. Not to mention they invited the group to restock from their own supplies. I think most normal folks would have forgave Joel right then and there. And Abby wasn't some deranged lunatic. Sure Joel did dirt, but who hasn't? I'm sure Abby wasn't a perfect angel either.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Joel saved Abby's life.

Why did the writers have her kill him? Real killers would've left her to get eaten by the infected. Not to mention they invited the group to restock from their own supplies. I think most normal folks would have forgave Joel right then and there. And Abby wasn't some deranged lunatic. Sure Joel did dirt, but who hasn't? I'm sure Abby wasn't a perfect angel either.
No offence breh, but there are literally like 5 different threads where this story has been debated to death, shyt I’m pretty sure Iv posted in most of em lol

I mean, props to ND for making a game that’s gonna be relevant for years to come due to the decisiveness of its story, I personally thought the story was great aside from a few missteps :yeshrug:

edit: I originally answered your question but misread a part

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Every week

Everytime someone says the story sucks and says what they would have done instead its like ten times dumber

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Joel killed her father for, in her eyes, trying to save the world. She had no knowledge of the relationship between Joel and Ellie, all she knew is that the fireflies paid him to do a job and he stabbed them in the back.

It wouldn't make sense for her to just suddenly forgive that shyt for any reason. The story had problems, but abby killing Joel wasn't one of them.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
aLitBVJ6Bg--neWzJJtFO7-jDd8UMNOThf6qnlLO7ic.jpg

:mjlol:

Veteran
Daps
No offence breh, but there are literally like 5 different threads where this story has been debated to death, shyt I’m pretty sure Iv posted in most of em lol

I mean, props to ND for making a game that’s gonna be relevant for years to come due to the decisiveness of its story, I personally thought the story was great aside from a few missteps :yeshrug:

edit: I originally answered your question but misread a part

That's why I'm playing for a 2nd time on Grounded.

The gameplay is damn good, that's what really got me coming back:whew:

Veteran
Daps
Joel killed her father for, in her eyes, trying to save the world. She had no knowledge of the relationship between Joel and Ellie, all she knew is that the fireflies paid him to do a job and he stabbed them in the back.

It wouldn't make sense for her to just suddenly forgive that shyt for any reason. The story had problems, but abby killing Joel wasn't one of them.

Joel saved her life, even offered her group to resupply. I imagine they all were cold, hungry, and thirsty. Would most folks not have forgave him in that instance? He could've left her for dead, but didn't. That's a good Samaritan all day long.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Joel saved her life, even offered her group to resupply. I imagine they all were cold, hungry, and thirsty. Would most folks not have forgave him in that instance? He could've left her for dead, but didn't. That's a good Samaritan all day long.

So if someone killed your mother in cold blood and walked away free and you based the last 4 1/2 years of your life on killing them you would just forget all about it if they save you from getting hit by a car?

Not only did they kill your mother but destroyed the cure for cancer she was perfecting

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Would most folks not have forgave him in that instance?
No, and if you think most would then you don't understand human emotions.

If someone killed the person you cared about the most for no good reason, and you knew you could kill them with no repercussions, there wouldn't be much they could offer you to change your mind.

Veteran
Daps
So if someone killed your mother in cold blood and walked away free and you based the last 4 1/2 years of your life on killing them you would just forget all about it if they save you from getting hit by a car?

Not only did they kill your mother but destroyed the cure for cancer she was perfecting

If they saved my life and I saw that they changed to a good Samaritan, yes. What good does killing them at that point do?

And we don't know if they would have even gotten a cure. I think in the first game, and I have to play that again too, they said the odds were very low in finding a cure.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If they saved my life and I saw that they changed to a good Samaritan, yes. What good does killing them at that point do?

And we don't know if the cure would have worked. I think in the first game, and I have to play that again too, they said the odds were very low in finding a cure.

Well then thats a good argument for people who say it makes no sense that ellie doesn’t kill abby at the end.

@Deep_Black_Conscious this guy wants to talk to you

Veteran
Daps
No, and if you think most would then you don't understand human emotions.

If someone killed the person you cared about the most for no good reason, and you knew you could kill them with no repercussions, there wouldn't be much they could offer you to change your mind.

Would you let some random doctor kill your daughter for a 'possible' chance at finding a cure?

Joel was justified in his human emotions in not losing someone he loved. I wonder how many people would've done the same thing. Possibly a lot.