Omarion cancels in-person E3 this year [update] E3 may be over for good *officially cancelled*

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Media has changed so much in the last 20 years
E3 used to be the mana from heaven for gaming journos but now that companies can just release their info and previews to the masses themselves its all been a wash for E3

Nintendo changed the game

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I think this is bad for gaming culture, but it may take awhile for people to understand why

I agree with this. Every major industry has big trades. E3 could a have easily been the Cannes/Sundance to the Game Awards' Oscars. The ESA didn't want to play ball with the changing demos and with Geoff himself.

I'm happy I got to go a couple times. But the real value of E3 isn't even about the show itself, its about the meetings and business that gets done in the rest of LA. Still IMO nothing drives hype better than an E3 keynote. I can tell you when Keanu came out on stage for Cyberpunk that shyt was NUTTY, people were legit hype. That energy can't be capture with the Game Awards. And PAX never leaned into it.

Geoff could REALLY crush it next year if he could get the big three to do an in-person Summer Games Fest opening week. The ESA made every wrong turn....its sad.