Omarion cancels in-person E3 this year [update] E3 may be over for good *officially cancelled*

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
why is it cancelled... covid is over (according to yall) :heh:

If Jeff Grubb and others are to be believed, publishers aren’t fukking with the ESA and they’re either siding with Keighley or doing their own thing instead. (Also doesn’t help that the ESA leaked over a hundred thousand attendees personal info.)

Oddly enough, the Anime Expo is returning in the very same LA Convention Center in July, in person.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with this. Every major industry has big trades. E3 could a have easily been the Cannes/Sundance to the Game Awards' Oscars. The ESA didn't want to play ball with the changing demos and with Geoff himself.

I'm happy I got to go a couple times. But the real value of E3 isn't even about the show itself, its about the meetings and business that gets done in the rest of LA. Still IMO nothing drives hype better than an E3 keynote. I can tell you when Keanu came out on stage for Cyberpunk that shyt was NUTTY, people were legit hype. That energy can't be capture with the Game Awards. And PAX never leaned into it.

Geoff could REALLY crush it next year if he could get the big three to do an in-person Summer Games Fest opening week. The ESA made every wrong turn....its sad.
Yeah o took my son when he was younger and he still talks about how much fun it was, that summer bullshyt fest and the event more shytty game awards is a cash grab for a few people and as a gamer that irks the full outta me. I went to a few E3’s and had a ball. The organization that runs it really flamed out when all they had to do was keep the show relevant but pre Covid they were running out of gas

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Yeah o took my son when he was younger and he still talks about how much fun it was, that summer bullshyt fest and the event more shytty game awards is a cash grab for a few people and as a gamer that irks the full outta me. I went to a few E3’s and had a ball. The organization that runs it really flamed out when all they had to do was keep the show relevant but pre Covid they were running out of gas

They didn't want to put the money into and devs realized they didn't NEED E3 to generate hype. When EA and Sony took their shyt off site, the ESA should have BEGGED them to come back. But instead the ESA had hubris and started charging $200 for the public to come in. It just set the tone all wrong. The could have easily brought in the influencers and streamers and made it relevant all over again. But now its dead because a gang of boomers didn't know how to pivot. Now Geoff will have the last laugh.

Him

1-1800-IMHIM
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Golden △
E3 used to be dope. I loved the fanboy wars that came from it. Microsoft going first and then Sony killing them every conference during the last of the PS3 era and throughout the PS4 era was :ahh:. But yeah when Sony decided they can just have their own event back in 2019 it was over.

I hope we still get moments like back when BF1 was at E3 they had the celebs playing and Snoop was high as fukk
:dead:.

RIP.

When’s Sonys next event so we can get some Spider-Man 2 gameplay? :win:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
E3 just wanted an excuse to cancel. Now that Geoff nikka gonna be a hype demon over anything.
Ugh. I would rather have e3 over his annoying ass. That dude just gets on my nerves with his annoying hype over his average ass shows