OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

also, i cant go back to watching just hd movies man

i need that 4k ultra hd dolby vision shyt now

I remember I wanted to watch an episode of house of the dragon early and only a 1080 copy was available…that shyt looked so nasty (relatively speaking) on the OLED lol

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang

Looks like Samsung is going brighter & 77" too.
That also means Sony is soon to follow.

I might have to sell the C1.

If the C3 and G3 are brighter how does that compare to traditional non-OLED LCDs in brightness? Is the gap still large or has it closed considerably?

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
I remember I wanted to watch an episode of house of the dragon early and only a 1080 copy was available…that shyt looked so nasty (relatively speaking) on the OLED lol

Mine came just in time to watch the last episode of HOTD and good Lord that vhegar scene over the castle wall :ohlawd:.

I'm not much of a TV watcher, but I find myself just searching for shyt to watch since I got it.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
If the C3 and G3 are brighter how does that compare to traditional non-OLED LCDs in brightness? Is the gap still large or has it closed considerably?
The answer is I don't know yet. Until the tests come in.

If brightness is what you're chasing then LCD is it.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I still have a problem with the XSX just randomly disconnecting from the TV…then when I restart the xbox it will only display 640 x 480 output…usually restarting the xbox or turning it off for a bit fixes it…but now that’s not working and I’m getting no sound smh

*edit*

interesting…I think the problem occurs when the TV itself is connected online…turned off wi-fi and now the shyt works smh

Last edited:

KageDaBeast

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Durham, NC
I still have a problem with the XSX just randomly disconnecting from the TV…then when I restart the xbox it will only display 640 x 480 output…usually restarting the xbox or turning it off for a bit fixes it…but now that’s not working and I’m getting no sound smh

*edit*

interesting…I think the problem occurs when the TV itself is connected online…turned off wi-fi and now the shyt works smh

Been having this same issue, shyt's annoying. Saw someone on Reddit mention to turn on simplink on your TV and on your Xbox, turn on HDMI-CEC.

Think it's a software issue on the Xbox, last month they'd listed it as a known issue.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Been having this same issue, shyt's annoying. Saw someone on Reddit mention to turn on simplink on your TV and on your Xbox, turn on HDMI-CEC.

Think it's a software issue on the Xbox, last month they'd listed it as a known issue.

I have HDMI-CEC checked on my xbox…I’ll have to see if simplink is enabled on my TV…the only solution that works for now is having the TV disconnected from the internet…also idk if it’s coincidence but the problem primarily happens when I’m watching something on prime…it never happens when I’m gaming tho