OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
I’m copping that C9 this year. I got a C6 currently (the 3D shyt still gets used). That C9 has 4K at 120 hz. I need that shyt in my life. I can justify the purchase in my mind for that, even though my C6 is perfectly fine :yeshrug:

Do they still make 3D blu-ray movies?

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
Yes, and they're AMAZING on these TVs.

Thanks breh! Always wanted one of those LG Oled 3D sets. Gonna see if I can find one at a good price to rock with while these newer tech Oleds come down in price.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
:hhh: And it was trash to watch. There was so much pixelation and black crush. I'll have to reassess when the blu-ray drops
Yea that kind of killed it for alot of it. Still a lot of parts were looking crazy though. Can't wait for that 4k bluray

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
:hhh: And it was trash to watch. There was so much pixelation and black crush. I'll have to reassess when the blu-ray drops
20 mins in I went to try to stream from HBO go hoping it'd be better in digital but decided to just stick with the Direct TV feed.
A proper 4k would have been dope, but as is it looked pretty bad.

I flipped through all the picture modes and none of them helped, so I just had to deal.

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
Its that burn in really a problem with these oleds or over exaggerated

I want to get one but might wait for that Samsung micro led

I'm going into year 3 of my LG OLED ownership and it's the single best tech purchase I've made.
I don't regret the money i spent at all, even knowing I could have gotten bigger regular 4k tv's for half the price.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Its that burn in really a problem with these oleds or over exaggerated

I want to get one but might wait for that Samsung micro led

I'm going into year 3 of my LG OLED ownership and it's the single best tech purchase I've made.
I don't regret the money i spent at all, even knowing I could have gotten bigger regular 4k tv's for half the price.

Never had an issue with either of mine a year into ownership.

Same here. 2016 model. Zero problems.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Have you been using with a PC, that's my main concern, they say because things like the desktop icons are constantly on the screen which is what will cause the burn in, its not so much of a problem just watching TV, but then again I would only use it for gaming