OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
:russ:

I thought about doing the Sony but the LG had better input lag for gaming and gets brighter if you got a brighter room.

That Sony you posted looks dope tho:ehh:
Man that shyt is a fukkin grip. The current model is already over 3 grand.

The new one probably gonna be 5 plus out the door. I'm not in that mood yet.

I may be forced to lean back back. Lemme see if there's a sweepstakes I can enter :mjcry:

Lemme tell my wife start doing some OT.
:mjlit:

Lemme stop :mjcry: and reassess my options.

Lg is nice but no Android os. :hhh:

This will require some careful planning. Tv drops in September

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up

I may be forced to lean back back. Lemme see if there's a sweepstakes I can enter :mjcry:

What's wrong with webos?

TheGregReaper

#HeatNation #SouthernCalUSC #LiverpoolFC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WATTS & Inglewood Southern Kalifornia

WebOS is way better than Android as far as TV OS go.

If you need some apps that’s only on Android you can always get one of them Nvidia shield boxes for less than $150 and they run Android a lot better than what the Sony TV’s do.

I’m an Apple guy so I use Apple TV 4K for apps but the LG comes with this dope ass remote and way more menu options than any other TV I’ve ever seen.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Spoken like someone who buys 250 dollar Black Friday trash "flatscreens" at walmart:mjlol:

:hhh:

Nah.

I haven't bought a TV in 8 years though.

But I'm looking to go 4K by end of year.

Already stated researching the different technologies and Ive consistently come across potential screen burn-in being an inherent issue with OLED.

Think I may go LCD. Not sure yet. Looking at 55-65". Spend a Max of $2k. Looking at LG/Sony/Samsung

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
WebOS is way better than Android as far as TV OS go.

If you need some apps that’s only on Android you can always get one of them Nvidia shield boxes for less than $150 and they run Android a lot better than what the Sony TV’s do.

I’m an Apple guy so I use Apple TV 4K for apps but the LG comes with this dope ass remote and way more menu options than any other TV I’ve ever seen.
The built in convenience is just clean to me. My wife and I are working this out.

If there's not much difference between the 2019 and the 2018 a8f model, I'll be copping that.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Nah.

I haven't bought a TV in 8 years though.

But I'm looking to go 4K by end of year.

Already stated researching the different technologies and Ive consistently come across potential screen burn-in being an inherent issue with OLED.

Think I may go LCD. Not sure yet. Looking at 55-65". Spend a Max of $2k. Looking at LG/Sony/Samsung
2+ years, zero burn in, no retention I can remember. I keep the room dark and want stuff to look right so I use ISF Dark, and not shytty Vivid, and I play shooters with HUDs for hours on end. LGs have an automatic panel conditioning they do every x hours.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
2+ years, zero burn in, no retention I can remember. I keep the room dark and want stuff to look right so I use ISF Dark, and not shytty Vivid, and I play shooters with HUDs for hours on end. LGs have an automatic panel conditioning they do every x hours.

Went to Costco this weekend and those LG OLEDS were looking delicious... $2500 though...:francis:

TheGregReaper

#HeatNation #SouthernCalUSC #LiverpoolFC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WATTS & Inglewood Southern Kalifornia
The built in convenience is just clean to me. My wife and I are working this out.

If there's not much difference between the 2019 and the 2018 a8f model, I'll be copping that.

The A8F is what I was comparing with the C8. I don’t think there’s gonna be much difference between this year and last year. Looks like they finally getting a new remote for this year tho :ehh: