OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

Daps
You might be playing games that aren't enhanced with hdmi 2.1 or you don't have an HDR 2.1 cable

so that might be your issue, you are probably use a 2.0 cable that doesn't have high enough bandwith to out put full RGB at 10-bit
:jbhmm:
I'm pretty sure they are HDMI 2.1 since I can play Cold War at 120fps and I'm positive I saw 2.1 when I first got the CX :yeshrug:
But I mean if it's supposed to be RGB full and my tv was set to that when it was on automatic :yeshrug:
I guess I'll stay on RGB full/automatic:yeshrug:

Brehs, set RBG Range to LIMITED for the LG CX in PS5 settings. The image looks a lot better. I set it to automatic in the past based off recommendations and it seems the PS5 set the RBG range to full. Full looks a lot worse compared to limited.

Here are the settings I recommended in the past and people can vouch for making their games look better than the factory settings

Game Mode
OLED Light - 92
Contrast - 85
Brightness - 46
Sharpness - 20 (0 was too soft, bumped it to this based off a random recommendation on reddit, looks good)
Color - 57 (can bump up to 65 for more vibrant image, beyond this it gets oversaturated IMO)
Tint - 0
Color Temperature - Warm1
Dynamic Tone Mapping set to on
Black Levels set to low

Things like MPEG noise reduction ,motion control, image soothing true motion, eye care, and anything else related to video watching should be set to off and will be set to off out of the box anyway I think so leave everything else alone

For OLED light, use whatever feels comfortable on your eyes but continue to use the rest of my settings. I'm still experimenting w/ sharpness but 20 seems to be the sweet spot for now

It's a false alarm guys :whoa:Just keep RGB range on automatic which is likely RGB full for you OLED:whoa:Keep the rest of my settings though because they do make the games look better. RE8 did look better on RGB limited to me for example but that might be one of the few exceptions :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
the bla
Breh, I had buyer's remorse when it came in. I thought I was buggin' for dropping over a stack on a TV thinking maybe I should've spent it on other things I wanted or this shyt bout to be overrated. Then I set it up and calibrate, I just hit the :damn: all those feelings of doubt bodied!
the depth of color n blacks on an old are:wow:

I too was on the fence but once I got an lg oled I can't go back, shyts too beautiful

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Breh, I had buyer's remorse when it came in. I thought I was buggin' for dropping over a stack on a TV thinking maybe I should've spent it on other things I wanted or this shyt bout to be overrated. Then I set it up and calibrate, I just hit the :damn: all those feelings of doubt bodied!

the bla

the depth of color n blacks on an old are:wow:

I too was on the fence but once I got an lg oled I can't go back, shyts too beautiful

I went back and forth for about 3 weeks before I placed the order and even then I was like :patrice:

But when I set that mug up and saw how it enchanced even regular TV :wow:

My PS4 could finally use HDR :wow:

4K HDR YouTube :ohlawd:

Then the PS5 came....:banderas:

Now I'm plotting on another one :pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have to say this LG OLED is the most amazing piece of technology I ever own

I sold my 3080 because I was able to snag a 3080ti and decided not to wait until next year to upgrade, so I don't have a gpu until it comes in the mail

but because of this LG OLED, I can just turn the resolution down to 240p and pretty much run every game because the upscaling is so good on this TV, everything still looks clear and detail and colorful, shyt is incredible

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
So I've had a B9 55" for more than a year and it's all good. However when watching a flick I never have pure blacknessin movies as I always notice the top and bottom black bars. Is it because of the encoding of the movies/series ?

I tried playing with the settings and followed rtings set up but to no avail. Or maybe that really can be properly done on blu rays only ? I usually get 4K content but they may be compressed.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse

Robert California

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TB
Anyone use those ambient light strips with Theirs?

I'm copping the C1 this week and got a PS5 so I'm looking for something that looks nice and is compatible

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
So I copped this Vizio right, has the exact same panel as the LG C1 right.

Picture is identical :wow: Got lights n shyt with the extra cash. And a series X.. And a thrustmaster kit :yeshrug:

For the uninformed which should be the majority of you, the issues have mostly been fixed via updates so I got VRR/120 Dolby digital/etc without hiccups anymore. So congratulate or hate :win: