OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
don't let these nikkas convince you to get an oled unless thats what you need... do you have a next gen console?
Both my main TVs are an LG C7 and an LG C9. I'm never going back to LCD TVs and all the BS picture quality issues you have to deal with with them. That being said I strongly recommend getting last year's model of OLED. TBH my C7 looks about as good as my C9 and it's two models removed from it.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Both my main TVs are an LG C7 and an LG C9. I'm never going back to LCD TVs and all the BS picture quality issues you have to deal with with them. That being said I strongly recommend getting last year's model of OLED. TBH my C7 looks about as good as my C9 and it's two models removed from it.
Does the c7 support hdmi 2.1?

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:yeshrug:I'm not dropping another stack and change until the wheels fall off
I dont blame you, that's smart spending. I upgraded from a cheap 43 inch Sammy 4k so it was an easier buy for me to get the LG oled. props for having financial discipline. fukk it, take this rep.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I don't regret buying a C9 because it got me an OLED TV in another room but if it's just for HDMI 2.1 alone I wouldn't recommend buying a TV only to get that feature. The thing with TVs is there's always something new on the horizon. These manufactures always come up with the next gimmick to get people to buy.

The reality is the TV you have at home you're usually not gonna have anything to compare it to so as long as you don't go looking into what you don't have should be fine.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't regret buying a C9 because it got me an OLED TV in another room but if it's just for HDMI 2.1 alone I wouldn't recommend buying a TV only to get that feature. The thing with TVs is there's always something new on the horizon. These manufactures always come up with the next gimmick to get people to buy.

The reality is the TV you have at home you're usually not gonna have anything to compare it to so as long as you don't go looking into what you don't have should be fine.

They don't sell nay of those TVs anymore

CX already replaced by C1, the 48inch is the same price, on makes since to get a CX if you get the 55 inch and up because it's like 500 dollars cheaper than the C1

Daps
Brehs, set RBG Range to LIMITED for the LG CX in PS5 settings. The image looks a lot better. I set it to automatic in the past based off recommendations and it seems the PS5 set the RBG range to full. Full looks a lot worse compared to limited.

Here are the settings I recommended in the past and people can vouch for making their games look better than the factory settings

Game Mode
OLED Light - 92
Contrast - 85
Brightness - 46
Sharpness - 20 (0 was too soft, bumped it to this based off a random recommendation on reddit, looks good)
Color - 57 (can bump up to 65 for more vibrant image, beyond this it gets oversaturated IMO)
Tint - 0
Color Temperature - Warm1
Dynamic Tone Mapping set to on
Black Levels set to low

Things like MPEG noise reduction ,motion control, image soothing true motion, eye care, and anything else related to video watching should be set to off and will be set to off out of the box anyway I think so leave everything else alone

For OLED light, use whatever feels comfortable on your eyes but continue to use the rest of my settings. I'm still experimenting w/ sharpness but 20 seems to be the sweet spot for now

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs, set RBG Range to LIMITED for the LG CX and probably any OLED. The image looks a lot better. I set it to automatic in the past based off recommendations and it seems the PS5 set it the RBG range to full. Full looks a lot worse compared to limited.

Here are the settings I recommended in the past and people can vouch for making their games look better than the factory settings

Game Mode
OLED Light - 92
Contrast - 85
Brightness - 46
Sharpness - 20 (0 was too soft, bumped it to this based off a random recommendation on reddit, looks good)
Color - 57 (can bump up to 65 for more vibrant image, beyond this it gets oversaturated IMO)
Tint - 0
Color Temperature - Warm1
Dynamic Tone Mapping set to on
Black Levels set to low

Things like MPEG noise reduction ,motion control, image soothing true motion, eye care, and anything else related to video watching should be set to off and will be set to off out of the box anyway I think so leave everything else alone

For OLED light, use whatever feels comfortable on your eyes but continue to use the rest of my settings. I'm still experimenting w/ sharpness but 20 seems to be the sweet spot for now

How can limited be better than full RGB, something must be wrong with your TV or the playstation can't really oufulll RGB in native 4k just output the single

all settings are subjective to one's personal taste anyway, and also based on the content you watching, and also various from game to game, darker games need different settings than games which mostly have bright colors, and you should make presets for different types of games to get the best out of the TV

Daps
How can limited be better than full RGB, something must be wrong with your TV or the playstation can't really oufulll RGB in native 4k just output the single

all settings are subjective to one's personal taste anyway, and also based on the content you watching, and also various from game to game, darker games need different settings than games which mostly have bright colors, and you should make presets for different types of games to get the best out of the TV
I know I know but the games all looked worse on the CX with rbg set to full vs. limited on the PS5 :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know I know but the games all looked worse on the CX with rbg set to full vs. limited on the PS5 :yeshrug:

It's something wrong with the PS5 then, even on the ps4 pro looks better with Full RGB especially on an oled

I use my LX as a PC monitor, and I wouldn't think of taking it off full RGB, doesn't make any sense that's the entire point of owning a TV like this is to get Full RGB at 10-bit

Daps
It's something wrong with the PS5 then, even on the ps4 pro looks better with Full RGB especially on an oled

I use my LX as a PC monitor, and I wouldn't think of taking it off full RGB, doesn't make any sense that's the entire point of owning a TV like this is to get Full RGB at 10-bit
Could be :yeshrug:
Going to try it out w/ Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart tonight

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Could be :yeshrug:
Going to try it out w/ Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart tonight

You might be playing games that aren't enhanced with hdmi 2.1 or you don't have an HDR 2.1 cable

so that might be your issue, you are probably use a 2.0 cable that doesn't have high enough bandwith to out put full RGB at 10-bit